1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

A spacestation colony would be more fitting for the Avikan, since they are still on the run from the Theleans (the alien race that drove the Avikan off their homeworld). Small planetary outposts like the ones you find in the game are established every now and then, but anything larger risks attracting another Thelean invasion.

If you'd like to learn more about the lore, the Elithian Alliance Discord server is the best place for that! It has channels dedicated to lore discussions, and there's a ton of information on current and future races already available there. You can use this link for an instant invite to join the server.

2. ChangelingRain

ChangelingRain Phantasmal Quasar

I think the trinks need some materials with corner-to-corner smoothing like the avikan do, since, uh... basically all of the trinkian materials you can put next to diamonds like this look extremely odd, either having outright holes to the background layer, have obvious corners, or don't look good tiled like this, and these problems make them really unsuitable for building with.
    And pretty obviously the avikan don't have this issue, since, as is very obviously visible, only three of their materials have this issue(dark floor, vertical supports, and plating), while all of the trink materials, besides sloped glass, have this issue, and obviously sloped glass isn't a great solution because, well, what if you don't want glass?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Aegonian likes this.
  3. Sziklamester

Sziklamester Void-Bound Voyager

It is a nice mod and I like it. Any new races will be introduced within this mod pack? I like the work you put into this.

4. Aegonian

Good call! I'll try to add some Trinkian materials with rounded corners!

Yeah, more races will be added in the future! The next update will be a big one introducing a new race, the Aegi, along with all of the content that goes with a new race (weapons, armour, settlement, outpost etc), and more races are planned for later updates.

Li-Jon and ChangelingRain like this.
  5. Sziklamester

Sziklamester Void-Bound Voyager

That would be very nicely. Also I wish to make a race too with full story, own items and etc, just wanted to ask, how hard or long to make a normal code and list to make a new mod? I downloaded the templates from the skitties, but I am looking for a great tutorial with a step by step explanations. I am not good at coding however I tried java and javascript by following youtubers but recently I didn't made any progress there.

6. Kristof_Playz

Kristof_Playz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there a way to open the door on the tier avikan 8 ship? Or are you planning something?

7. Armok

Armok Cosmic Narwhal

pretty sure you can't open that version of the door for some pretty good reasons... there is a version that works though

8. Kristof_Playz

Kristof_Playz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

9. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

A quick inquiry. How "complete" will the new race be once added? I know I might be stepping into spoiler territory here but I want to know if they're going to be playable but not much else or more or less closer halfway to how the avikan are now.

10. Drig insarcol

Drig insarcol Subatomic Cosmonaut

The Aegi can't be far off now. but there's some really cool stuff ready for the update.

11. Aegonian

The new race will be largely complete, with a full set of tiered armour, well over a dozen tiered weapons, all eight ship tiers, custom crafting tables and crafting materials, new tiles, furniture etc. I'm also planning to include a settlement for the new race, as well as a new outpost, but those last two may be omitted if they end up taking too long. The new race won't have quite as much content as the Avikan do right now, but it'll have everything you'd expect from a new race!

Comito and Umbra420 like this.
  12. Stafath

Stafath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's been a while again since the last time I played the game and at this point it goes without saying that Starbound and Elithian species have become my paramount reason I even keep coming back to this game! It gives me a lot of reasons to be interested in the game due to mod's very content that is thick enough to need an ancient Centesian energy blade or something of the sort to cut through and still have trouble trying to cut through.. Personally I still favor Avikans over any other species still, that is until I find one of the upcoming species just as interesting.

All in all it seems I'm thankfully not the only one favoring this mod over what core game has to offer. Just glanced over recent influx of beautiful structures built by others here on recent pages and it makes me proverbially salivate picturing about building similar but smaller structures of my own and right now after seeing the hovering rectangular cubes with geometric vibe to them in that gorgeous drawn piece of art. Heck, knowing my own OCD I'll most likely utilize that Centesian style in other games too, it's about time for me to move over to more alien structures anyway. The only building issue I run into in Starbound is trying to convert a 3D image of a structure in my mind into a 2D environment, that's because I'm a natural at thinking of not only in three dimensions but in four dimensions too. Years of building stuff from Lego and then building stuff in games such as Minecraft and Starmade has improved my way of thinking to a point I know how to begin building something design-wise, then polish it and put final finishing touches on it. Difficult to build something in 2D when one has already pictured a much more complicated and interesting structure in 3D.

I guess that's how Centesians feel like when you tell them for an example to build a ye olde farm house on the surface and they still end up building a hovering monolithic object with a space-age farm either on top of it or in it! :D

Aegonian and Armok like this.
  13. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

build the thing you want to build in starbound in minecraft, then og to one side of the building, remove half of it, and look in, remember Furniture like beds takes more Blocks than those in minecraft

Aegonian and Stafath like this.
  14. Stafath

Stafath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*faceslap* o_O Of course, that is brilliant! In my case though it is just a matter of picturing a building's background with either a left or a right tilt angle like when placing down furniture. Goes to show how simpler things can get overlooked big time. If I hadn't post a comment here then I'd still be wondering what I'm missing while the answer is out there in plain sight of every placed down furniture in the game. How this didn't cross my mind somehow previously eludes me, still better late than never! :D

15. DinoExplorer2000

and this is why People are different, so we can find different solutions (but also gives politicans a lot of work)

Kristof_Playz likes this.
  16. t4k0y4k1

t4k0y4k1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

... I can't open sealed cache items... Is it bug? I'm using human race... and Frackin Universe mod...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  17. Victorio_bb

Victorio_bb Void-Bound Voyager

You hold the mouse button

Aegonian likes this.
  18. DinoExplorer2000

kan you increase the attack speed of the hunting spear? it is very slow compared to other spears

19. DinoExplorer2000

more sorts of Food for the avikan, like grilled meat on a bone/stick, roasted bolbohn, dunebun cake? Cactus/bolbohn jam maybe?

20. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

It might just be because I'm used to FU but it's been sooo frickin long since the last update.
    [​IMG]