1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

1. Understandable, I still find it weird that some that look like they'll explore the vacuum of space don't have fully encased suites(like the guy stranded on an asteroid). Sweet sketch by the way.
    2. Can't wait!
    3. Mostly the jumpflare type guns, they're awesome to use but very quickly fall out of use by many RNG weapons of the same level. Also I've noticed that the jumpflare sniper's range isn't much further than the rest, it does travel further but not enough to really call it a sniper. The rest I can't really judge until or if they get some sort of secondary ability but for now they seem alright.

2. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

Yeah, the stranded astronaut's armour is a bit of a stretch at the moment... I have a full-body astronaut's suit on my TO-DO list, but I've yet to start working on it. I think it'll be in the next update, though!

And I agree the Jumpfire weapons can use a bit of a buff - I'm adding that to my list now. The Jumpflare Cannon secondary ability is actually the same on all Jumpfire weapons at the moment - I think I'm going to add a different ability for each type of weapon (assault, shotgun and sniper), but I haven't quite decided what the new abilities will be.

Stafath and Umbra420 like this.
  3. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Aegonian likes this.
  4. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

The Federation is proud!

5. Aegonian

SivCorp likes this.
  6. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

A request for the next version: if possible, could we get Avikan versions of the Mech Part Crafting Table and Mech Assembly Bay, as well as possibly the Space Station Console, Docking Field and/or Landing Beacon? The first two would be useful for an Avikan build I'm toying with and for the other three I'm wanting to experiment with using mods and admin codes to completely tear apart the normal space station and replace it completely with Avikan blocks and objects. There's already Avikan teleporters and wall lockers and the Docking Field and Landing Beacon are probably fine as is, but having a reskinned Station Console would be nice.

On another note, has there been any thought on making Avikan one-handed shortspears? I've been finding randomly generated ones that I assume are from FU, and a spear+shield phalanx combo is always very effective.

7. Aegonian

Yeah, I think I can add custom versions of those objects! An Avikan-themed Mech Assembly Bay and Mech Part Crafting Table would make for a nice addition to the Starfarer's Refuge - allowing you to craft and customize mechs there instead of having to return to the Outpost - so I'm definitely putting those on the TO-DO list. The docking field and landing beacons fit decently well into Avikan structures, but I'll see if I can find a way to make Avikan version feel more worthwhile - unique colours for the fields perhaps, and a more Avikan themed screen for the beacon?

An Avikan version of the station console would be nice too! I am also thinking of experimenting with some type of placeable object that would replace all hull tiles with Avikan tiles - I'm not entirely certain if it's possible to add this yet, but there are LUA bindings for detecting and placing materials.

The one-handed shortspears have actually been suggested before, but they've been siting pretty at a pretty low priority on the TO-DO list. I'll bump them up a bit, since they would definitely be nice to have for Avikan characters.

8. GriffenLeo

GriffenLeo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

do you think there could be avikan farm animals? like a fluffalo or mooshi, but something from an avikan homeworld maybe? if possible something that produceses something like a new food item or resource.maybe you could just make hatchable versions of those mountable creatures found in avikan villages:rofl::viking:

9. Aegonian

Good ideas! I've thought about making the Gad'hur into farm animals before - they'd give you Gad'hur milk - and I think I can think of a few more farm animals for the Avikan. I'm adding them to the TO-DO list!

10. Ancev Caine

Would the terraformer coding work for that, perhaps?

11. Aegonian

Unfortunately not, since the terraformers use very specific LUA bindings to place their biomes (world.pregenerateAddBiome and world.addBiomeRegion), which sadly won't work on a spacestation since it's composed of custom materials instead of biome materials. I've yet to test it, but I believe I'll be able to simulate its effects by using world.material to check if the specified position is a default hull block, and then using world.placeMaterial to replace it with an Avikan tile. The biggest issue will be getting a list of all material spaces on the spacestation, I think.

12. Ancev Caine

Interesting. Hopefully it works out!

13. ChangelingRain

ChangelingRain Phantasmal Quasar

I'd like to have the upright water cases you can see on the avikan water stall for a bit of variety.
    Stackable water cases would also be nice to have.

14. Aegonian

Adding both of these suggestions to my TO-DO list!

ChangelingRain likes this.
  15. Lileats

Lileats Space Spelunker

Love the mod!

16. ChangelingRain

Oh, and I think it'd be nice if the avikan spotlights still had the orange glow dot when off. It'd certainly improve what I'm building a bit.

17. Aegonian

I'll add this to the TO-DO list as well!

ChangelingRain likes this.
  18. ChangelingRain

The avikan cooking station's orange glow dots don't glow in the dark.

19. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

I have an idea for a secondary ability for the architect line rifle, it shoots a ball of energy that creates an impassible three blocks wide, ten blocks high, wall for ten seconds that only allows centensian tech related things through. Meaning centen projectiles can be shot through and the floating energy balls as well, but it also means a person wearing centen metal armour can go through as well.

Just an idea , don't need to take it if you don't want to. Thought the architect could gain some form of ability that relates to its name, and not only creates soul balls(what I call them, don't know their actual names) from your enemies.

20. Drig insarcol

Drig insarcol Subatomic Cosmonaut

sounds cool like a cool idea