1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

Can you send me your starbound.log? It's located in giraffe_storage, where you also had to go to install the mod. I need that file to analyse the problem. You can also open it in Notepad and copy-paste the content here, but make sure you put it in between spoiler tags to save a bit of space on the page.

2. ThatPenguinUFO

ThatPenguinUFO Void-Bound Voyager

Here's the .log

Attached Files:

3. Aegonian

Thanks for the log! I don't see any immediate causes for the issue - the swords do exist in the mod, and I haven't seen anyone else experience this issue yet, so I'm assuming there's a hidden conflict with another mod. I'll investigate further and let you know if I find anything - apologies for the delay. For now, you could try re-downloading and reinstalling the Avikan mod, or disabling a few other mods to see if that fixes the issue.

4. ThatPenguinUFO

Well, I checked every single one of my mods and it didnt work with anything. Also, I missed a word, in the error message it said that it couldnt find the recipe for the sword rather than the sword, if that makes any difference.[DOUBLEPOST=1436824087][/DOUBLEPOST]And after all of that, reinstalling twice worked. :oops:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  5. Aegonian

That's odd - perhaps it had something to do with the order in which the mods were installed? Either way, I'm glad it's finally working for you, and I hope you'll enjoy the mod!

6. BlackRaviL

BlackRaviL Void-Bound Voyager

One big question is there any chance that this race will, be able to use the same armor as the vanilla races, because i kind of see a small resemblance to the body/stance of the original races.

7. carriontrooper

carriontrooper Existential Complex

Just a little tidbit that the error log picked up:

[14:45:37.483] Error: Failed to process dungeon file /dungeons/missions/centensianruin/centensianruin.dungeon : (StarException) Exception (StarException) Dungeon image /dungeons/missions/centensianruin/centensianruin.png uses unknown tile color: #dcffa6ff
    Dungeon::ImagePartReader::forEachTile(function<bool (Vector<int, 2u>, shared_ptr<Dungeon::Tile>)>)
    Dungeon::part::scanConnectors()
    DungeonDefinition::DungeonDefinition(Map<String, Json, unordered_map<String, Json, hash<String, void>, equal_to<String>, allocator<pair<String, Json> > > >, String)
    DungeonDefinitions::DungeonDefinitions()
    Root::dungeonDefinitions()
    _Function_handler<void (), SwallowReturn<_Bind<_Mem_fn<shared_ptr<DungeonDefinitions> (Root::*)()> (Root*)> > >::(_Any_data)
    _Function_handler<void (), WorkerPool::addWork(function<void ()>)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
    WorkerPool::WorkerThread::run()
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    in connector centensianruin

The mod works fine, but I think if I reach the point where I got this mission... things could go pear-shaped.

8. Aegonian

There may be a couple of individual sets of armour which work on the Avikan, I know I've come across a few which fit almost perfectly (can't remember which ones they were, unfortunately). Head and chest armour is the most likely to fit well - the legs probably only look good if it is a skirt of some kind. That being said, you can of course equip any piece of armour in the game if you just want their effects or don't mind the misaligned sprites, but for armour sprites that actually look good you'll have to just equip items and judge for yourself.

The mission is currently impossible to activate in-game without using admin commands, which is why I didn't bother to remove the WIP files before uploading the mod. Removing them would also mean I have to remove references to the mission in a lot of small config files, which is quite a bit of work. So long as you don't actively try to activate the mission with admin commands, this error should never cause any in-game problems, nor any conflicts with other mods unless they happen to use the exact same name for a custom mission.

I'm planning to finish building that mission for the next update of this mod - it'll be the first part of the new Avikan questline.

9. carriontrooper

Welp, got another error yet again. This time, I was playing my Avikan character and got one of them tech unlocker chips, and when I select the 'let me see my tech' button on the AI screen I CTD. Here's the log snippet.

[16:47:25.959] Error: Fatal Exception Caught: (AssetException) Could not read variant value /interface/ai/ai.config:unlockTechText
    StarException::StarException(string, exception)
    AssetException::AssetException(string, exception)
    Assets::json(String)
    AiInterface::showTechSpeech(ItemDescriptor)
    AiInterface::selectTechWidget(Widget*)
    _Function_handler<void (Widget*), _Bind<_Mem_fn<void (AiInterface::*)(Widget*)> (AiInterface*, <1>)> >::(_Any_data, Widget*)
    ListWidget::setSelected(unsigned int)
    ListWidget::sendEvent(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
    Widget::sendEvent(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
    ScrollArea::sendEvent(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
    Pane::sendEvent(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
    PaneManager::sendInputEvent(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
    MainInterface::handleInputEvent(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
    ClientApplication::processInput(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
    StarApplicationBase::handlePendingInput()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

Caused by: (JsonException) No such key 'unlockTechText' in query("unlockTechText")
    JsonException JsonException::format<String, String>(char*, String, String)
    Json::doQuery(String, bool)
    Json::query(String)
    Assets::json(String)
    AiInterface::showTechSpeech(ItemDescriptor)
    AiInterface::selectTechWidget(Widget*)
    _Function_handler<void (Widget*), _Bind<_Mem_fn<void (AiInterface::*)(Widget*)> (AiInterface*, <1>)> >::(_Any_data, Widget*)
    ListWidget::setSelected(unsigned int)
    ListWidget::sendEvent(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
    ScrollArea::sendEvent(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
    Pane::sendEvent(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
    PaneManager::sendInputEvent(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
    MainInterface::handleInputEvent(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
    ClientApplication::processInput(shared_ptr<InputEvent>)
    StarApplicationBase::handlePendingInput()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

10. ThatPenguinUFO

Also, you mentioned that the fifth ''hidden'' race in the banner for the mod was the next one to be implemented, is it going to be a robot kinda thingy? All I see is a big potato with legs and an antenna.

11. Aegonian

I assume this issue never happened before you installed the Avikan mod? The mod does change the ai.config that caused the crash, but the unlockTechText key is something I haven't worked with. Perhaps there's something missing in that file though - I'll investigate further. It could well be that this is another hidden conflict with some mod (there might be more mods you're using changing the ai.config), but I can't be sure of that yet. I'll let you know if I find anything.

EDIT: Looked up the file, and it seems I don't modify this file at all - there's a different ai.config I do change in the /assets/ai folder, but not in the /assets/interface/ai folder. It could be I have to add a value in there somewhere, but I don't see any obvious reason for the missing unlockTechText key right now.

Yes, it is a robotic race :p (meaning the Avikan won't like them much). It'll be a while before I finish them - they'll need new ships, objects, weapons etc - but I can tell you they have some interesting architecture and will also have their own unique way of handling tiered armour. Most of their body sprites are already done, but that's about all I have for them so far. I'll share some of my WIP work when there's more substantial things to be shown!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  12. carriontrooper

Yeah, that's real weird since I have accessed the tech screen successfully before as an Avikan... same character, even. I'll see if any conflicts happened with other mods.

13. xXflamehawkXx

xXflamehawkXx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's a great mod! It reminds me of the Avali which is perfect since I'm still waiting for the official update.

I love it, though something bothers me about the sprites (no offense, sorry) maybe it's the shading. If you'd like help with that I wouldn't mind helping at all.

Here's my terraria mod for some sprite examples (if you do want help): http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/gearite-mod-adds-a-new-ore-called-gearite.18413/

Anyways, good luck with your mod and I'll be sure to let my friends know.

14. carriontrooper

AHA! Found the culprit, turns out it's not the Avikans. The Latexians were at fault, they have copied the previous version's interface/ai folder entirely. I'll inform them forthwith.

15. Aegonian

I'm glad you like it! There's a few things about the player sprites I'm still not completely satisfied with either, which may or may not be changed in later updates. The sprites you made for the Gearite mod look good! I'm currently too busy with a few other projects to work on the Avikan (should be able to work on it again soon though), and for the next update the majority of work will be done on codex entries and a new dungeon, so sprite work will be limited. I'll let you know if I have something you could take a look at!

Glad you found the culprit! Copying entire folders is not exactly helpful for mod compatibility (or stability in general) - I hope the Latexians creator changes it!

16. kenanthebarbarian

kenanthebarbarian Phantasmal Quasar

This mod looks incredible, but I experienced a crash after installing it with the following errors:

Code:
    [22:58:42.658] Error: Failed to process dungeon file /dungeons/missions/centensianruin/centensianruin.dungeon : (StarException) Exception (StarException) Dungeon image /dungeons/missions/centensianruin/centensianruin.png uses unknown tile color: #dcffa6ff
    [22:58:48.946] Error: Exception raised during Root finishLoad: (ItemException) Duplicate item name 'avikanspices' found
    [22:58:50.403] Error: Fatal Exception Caught: (StarException) An error occurred during loading: (ItemException) Duplicate item name 'avikanspices' found
    Complete log file attached.

Attached Files:

17. carriontrooper

That's probably the avikanspices thingy. Which is weird, you shouldn't have that error. Try deleting the whole Avikan folder and re-DLing the mod?

18. kenanthebarbarian

kenanthebarbarian Phantasmal Quasar

Tried it. Same errors.

19. Aegonian

It is indeed the duplicate avikanspices item that's causing the crash (it causes the fatal exception, the dungeon file has no effect), but I'm not sure why the game is seeing a duplicate avikanspices item - there's only one definition of that item in the Avikan mod. Something you could try is to temporarily remove all other mods, get a fresh copy of the Avikan mod and install only that. Back up your files first though, as removing installed mods could cause a few issues if the universe isn't reset.

If the crash still happens when only the Avikan Race Mod has been installed, there's something odd going on with your copy of the mod. I know a few things you could try afterwards, but let's start with installing just the Avikan. If removing other mods does fix the issue, try reinstalling all the other mods again and see if the game runs.

20. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

Hey dude,

I had the following error pop-up, granted I've got a ton o' mods and haven't looked too closely, but its about the Centensian ruins having an invalid color code:

[22:42:15.572] Error: Failed to process dungeon file /dungeons/missions/centensianruin/centensianruin.dungeon : (StarException) Exception (StarException) Dungeon image /dungeons/missions/centensianruin/centensianruin.png uses unknown tile color: #dcffa6ff
    Dungeon::ImagePartReader::forEachTile(function<bool (Vector<int, 2u>, shared_ptr<Dungeon::Tile>)>)
    Dungeon::part::scanConnectors()
    DungeonDefinition::DungeonDefinition(Map<String, Json, unordered_map<String, Json, hash<String, void>, equal_to<String>, allocator<pair<String, Json> > > >, String)
    DungeonDefinitions::DungeonDefinitions()
    Root::dungeonDefinitions()
    _Function_handler<void (), SwallowReturn<_Bind<_Mem_fn<shared_ptr<DungeonDefinitions> (Root::*)()> (Root*)> > >::(_Any_data)
    _Function_handler<void (), WorkerPool::addWork(function<void ()>)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
    WorkerPool::WorkerThread::run()
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    in connector centensianruin