Other Ejetts Story Dump

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Ejett, Mar 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ejett

Ejett Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I write occasionally, It's one of the only things I'm good at besides making crappy jokes. I'll put stories here that I make. There is no schedule, I just do it whenever I feel like. Feel free to leave suggestions on how I can improve my work, I accept criticism and it is appreciated.

This is just a little preface to the whole story. This is Abigail's six heart event but changed a bit. I made it seem a bit more romantic and changed it a bit. The dialogue is mostly the same, just altered a bit. Now to the story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben struck a match against the wood of his house. He opened the small hatch and lit the candle in the lantern. Ben grabbed the fishing rod resting against his house. He was on the way to the beach to do some night time fishing. He passed through the gate at the edge of his house as he started his journey to the beach. He checked the watch on his left wrist. It read 9:12 PM. As he was heading in the direction of the beach he saw a light coming from the graveyard. He looked over the fence and saw Abigail lying on the ground sweaty and panting. A sword was next to her on the ground.

“Hey, What are you doing out here?” Ben asked her. She looked surprised to see him but quickly composed herself. She chuckled to herself.

“You’re probably wondering what I’m doing in the graveyard at this time of night,” She said to Ben.

“I just figured it was satanic rituals,” He replied.

She laughed a bit at his joke.

“No, it’s just the best place in town for some privacy,” She told him.

“Obviously not, considering the fact that I’m here,” He told her

“I’m all sweaty because I’ve been practicing my swordsmanship,” She explained to him. He raised his eyebrow in a slight look of surprise.

“Hey!” she snapped, “Do you think I’m too weak to swing a blade?” Before he could even respond to her she composed herself.

“Sorry, I guess I was getting a little defensive, I know you didn’t mean anything.” Abigail apologized.

“It’s okay, I have a short temper too, and it’s hard to control sometimes.”

“The only reason I’m out here is because I want to explore the mines in the mountains, but I know it’s too dangerous to go there unarmed on my own.”

“You’ve used a sword before, haven’t you?” She inquired. She looked in to Bens eyes in a curious way.

“Yeah, I have. It’s really exciting and gets your adrenaline going,” He described to her.

“See! You get why I’m out here then! I’ve lived in the valley my whole life, but I’ve never even had a chance to do something meaningful. I want to go on an adventure. I want to do something!” She exclaimed. They sat in silence for a minute. Ben was on the brink of saying something before he was interrupted by a voice.

“Abigail!”

It was Pierre. He seemed worried and angry at the same time. He walked out of the darkness towards them.

“Dad?!” She yelled as a startled look came across her face.

“I’ve been looking all over for you; your mother wants you to help with dinner!” Pierre said with a frustrated tone. Ben thought to himself quickly that Pierre’s concern was for Abigail to help with dinner and not that she was missing

“What are you doing in the graveyard anyway?” Pierre said as he turned in a circle and looked around. “This is no place for a lady!”

“Mind your own business! You think I should be at home cooking because I’m a girl, don’t you!?” She said in a bitter way.

She sighed in a disappointed way. “You’re really stuck in the past Dad.” Pierre looked taken aback at tone and also looked like he felt bad.

“Come on Ben, let’s get out of here,” She ordered. Abigail grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the graveyard. He felt bad for Pierre but also didn’t want to make Abigail more angry than she already was so he obliged. She pulled him the rest of the way to the beach, his original destination. As they made their way on to the beach Abigail sat down and Ben followed suit.

“I don’t think he’ll follow us.” She said. Abigail sighed and lied down to look up at the stars. He lied down next to her.

“It’s hard to believe my parents were young. They don’t understand my perspective at all.” She said in a sad voice.

“I know they grew up in different times with different views but it still ticks me off sometimes.” She uttered. They sat there for a while in the humid summer air. After a while Ben closed his eyes and went to his thoughts. Abigail looked over and saw the watch on his wrist. She gasped.

“Oh no! My dad must actually be worried now!” She said. Ben was slightly drifting off when she said this.

“Huh? What do you mean?” He questioned.

“It’s 11: 30!” She told him. He sat up and looked around. They must’ve lost track of time. She got up quickly and looked toward the bridge that led back to town.

“Thank you Ben for not thinking I’m weak. I have to really go now though,” She said as she started to walk away.

Ben got up and gathered his things. His lantern had since gone out. He made his way back to his house passing the general store as he went. His night of fishing was ruined but he was okay with it. He felt his friendship with Abigail had grown and he was glad. He crossed the gate to his farm and yawned. He deposited his things into a chest and went towards his front door. He walked in to his house where his cat Miso was sleeping on the table. He slid in to bed and fell asleep quickly.