RELEASED Eemie's Mods. NEW MODS: Squirrels and Dutch Farm Buildings!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by eemie, May 26, 2016.

1. Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Thought you might be interested in seeing how your mods have been used on my farm!

[​IMG]

mari3000 likes this.
    • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

It looks so so prettyyyyy. Btw how are you liking the dark wooden flooring with the hay? I made a personal mod (so just for myself) that removes the hay. Do you want it maybe?

• Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Yay thank you! I'm glad I'm doing your beautiful mods justice *-*
        And I don't mind the hay so much but I don't really like the wood colour itself.. I feel like I want to put it next to the barn buildings and obv my stable area but apart of me is being seriously bothered by how much it clashes @_@
        I'd definitely love to see the version you have for yourself, maybe it'll make the stable area more attractive!

• eemie

The pine tree is the same for spring and summer. No need to duplicate. Just the tree3spring.xnb (or something like that) is for both spring and summer! It wont revert back, dont worry :)

nyatori likes this.
          • eemie

Well you can check it out in the spring screenshots. I put them next to my coops

• Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Ooo! That looks awesome! I'd definitely be interested if you don't mind sharing~

• eemie

Haha of course I don't mind. Can you maybe test something out for me as well? Because I'm trying to make flowery grass as decoration, and I'm not sure if it looks good or not so I'd appreciate feedback. Don't mind the grass colour because it's the default spring (or summer?) grass.
                The grass replaces the gravel path in-game.

I used the grass paths from this thread as a base, credit goes to MiaEmilia

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
                • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

sweeet dirt, eemie!~

i reallly really really want a wfl sampi version of this because its so beautiful and not a jarring yellow but the overrides we made need little edits to them ;-; also i'm frm california, so i don't mind pine trees, would you consider making /pink/ but keeping pine trees shape?

are you enjoying your summer now?

• Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

I'm really impressed by the detail you put into the texture! I did it side by side in one of the areas I was going to put normal grass and this is definitely something I've been waiting for someone to do~ decorative grass has been a big thing for me!

I think it's a lovely design~ if you do it in the same colour as the hedges it'll seriously transcend the seasons really nicely! The blocks blend really well~ I also tested it with the hedge fence just to see how it would look and if you put the tile under both the fence itself and in front it looks a lot better than if you were to just place it in front.

I was actually wondering if you'd ever do a floor edit to match the wood paneling/stone front in front of the houses you made? Probably a big task for a later time but I think making a black stone tile similar to the base of the house would be an awesome replacement for the stone tile, and then maybe a matching wood panel to replace the old wood? Just a thought!
                    (Honestly though it's because I absolutely hate everything about the current in game stone tile)

Edit: Added a screenshot of one of my decorative areas that was originally going to use real grass. Love how it looks and shapes and would def prefer this than having to redo my grass after each winter!

[​IMG]
                    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
                    • eemie

I could always try to make a pink pine tree ^^! but do you only want it to replace the trees that you can cut down? Because if you also want the pine trees that are placed on the 'sides' of the map, then you have to edit the springoutdoors.png file etc yourself. My summer is great so far, have been spending a lot of time with my boyfriend! How's yours?

Haha, of course it looks great, the original creator of the grass path has done a great job on it :) I'm just merely editing it to have flowers all over. But glad it's working, I'm gonna do all the seasons with the original grass colour and of course my edited colours :) Only problem with this is that you have to switch the xnb's every season, I hope people won't mind. But thank you so much for testing!! It's gonna be done by next week I think.

I could attempt a stone/wood floor of course, maybe if you'd give me an example of a picture? It would help me better if I can see what you would want :)

• Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Kudos to both you and the original for working on such an awesome mod *-*
                        Also thanks for being so open to suggestions/requests! Your work is great and it's definitely making me enjoy my new farm a lot more than my others! (Third playthrough)

I don't think people would mind switching, I'd personally prefer one that just matches the hedge because I'd mostly be using it in the same areas that I have the fence so it would stay consistent for me, but it would definitely look good in all the other colours too!

If you did the wood just a recolour in the same shade as the wood deck of the house would be amazing for either the normal wood panel or the old/worn one!

And for the stone tile something in the colour used here (the stone base, not the wood):
                        [​IMG]

Done in like stone tile fashion similar to something below maybe? (Replacing the stone floor)

[​IMG]

• taintedwheat

Hmm, I feel it, I meant I want to use all your dirts and stuffs too -thats all in the season_outdoors tilesheets right?

Its been ok, been working a bit also trying to find a place to move to around here! And aww thats sweet! When do you start school again?

• eemie

I'm glad you're enjoying the game with my mods! Making them and taking requests is a pleasure to me, I enjoy it while waiting for update 1.1. I'll have your idea for the wood and stone stored in the back of my head, I have to finish all of my other projects first. It may take a while, I hope you don't mind.

Okay well I already have it finished for you haha. I only had to edit the seasonsoutdoors blah and the trees so you just have to use those. I've prepared the .yaml and .png so you can pack them into xnb again. (seasonsoutdoors go in Maps i think and the trees go in terrainfeatures). I hope you like the winter tree, it was kind of meh to me but I couldn't really figure out how I wanted it to look..

School starts on the 5th of september again so I have a lot of free time luckily! I hope you find a nice place :)

Attached Files:

taintedwheat likes this.
                            • taintedwheat

hollly shitt, thanks this is amazing~ haha, would you be willing to put like your dirt edits on these?

i'll link your thread to the wonderful farm life thread for your super pretty works ;=;

--

Are you doing anything for summer break?

Moving around here is sorta difficult in the sense that anything that's in a 50 mi / 80.4672 km radius of San Francisco is really expensive and hard to comeby at a decent price, haha. I start school August 23rd, not looking too forward to that part, but w/e.

do you know how you did this semester/quarter? /how much skewl do you have left?

Attached Files:

• eemie

Just the dirt or the grass as well? I'll do it tomorrow, it's past 11 pm here hehe

-
                                I may go to Greece this summer, or Spain, depends which is cheaper with a last minute ticket. You should come to Europe (or The Netherlands), it's beautiful here with all the orchards and old buildings and stuff!

My God that is a long distance. I can hardly imagine that as that's probably half of The Netherlands? or one third?

Btw yeah I passed all my classes ^^ just two more years left. Are you almost finished?

• taintedwheat

ah, dirt and grass i want it to match with your mod completely to give myself and other players the option to use your pretty dirts and grass n__n

and yeah, no worries, i don't mind waiting i'm super stoked!

--
                                  wowah, yah, california is pretty big but sometimes it seems super small. I still think were going to end up spending atleast $1500 usd per month ffff.
                                  I also have two years left technically haha. I've been in college since fall 2009, took a break at the end of spring 2013. and decided to do more lower division classes before going on to university too much school, but i love it.

ahhhh, going to any of those places sounds beautiful. dude! i would love to visit Europe! I'd be so down. Make room, hahahah.

eemie likes this.
                                  • Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

That's perfectly fine by me! I seriously appreciate how much detail you've put into all of this and I can't wait to see how it all turns out~
                                    (Also I'm glad you have a nice break from school to enjoy yourself! I start my summer school tomorrow ;-;)

eemie likes this.
                                    • eemie

Small update: Wall stuff :)

Taerie likes this.
                                      • Taerie

Taerie 2.7182818284590...

I check this thread every day for updates, hehe. Taking a break until 1.1, but I can't wait to start a new game with all your stuff once it's out! You're giving the whole game a much more immersive, magical feel. Thanks for your hard work, looking forward to more updates.

eemie likes this.
                                        • eemie

This message made my day aw. I always thought the base game kind of lacked a magical feeling so I'm glad my mods add that for you. There are definitely more updates to come!
                                          I will be in Greece though next week so it might take a while for another update.

lannihamm, Taerie and taintedwheat like this.