Modding Help Editing randomly generated rocket launcher

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by kungfudude, Dec 25, 2013.

1. kungfudude

kungfudude Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, im trying to make my rocket launcher deal more damage but how do I do it?
    I've tried going to starbound/assets/items/guns/randomlygenerated/legendaryrocketlauncher but I can't find like damage and stuff other than DPS. Help anyone?

2. WolveNZ

WolveNZ Void-Bound Voyager

I would guess that it might be 'Damage Per Shot' maybe? not sure, but looking at it, it seams like the only damage values to be adjusted

But, their is a 'rocket.projectile' file, with a 'power' value, this might be what your looking for?

\assets\projectiles\guns\unsorted\rocket

kungfudude likes this.
  3. CookiezEater

CookiezEater Orbital Explorer

Its adjusted to player's level. But you may create custom not randomly generated weapon and set any amount of damage player deal with it. Like that, i guess.

4. Dubby

Dubby Void-Bound Voyager

It's Damage Per Second, actually.

5. dejavuLTU

dejavuLTU Intergalactic Tourist

Does anyone know where do people get these weapons for example a rifle that shoot fire balls i seen other people having it

6. infinitetech

infinitetech Big Damn Hero

fire ball is a ledgendary or a mod, the damage is under the gun's associated projectile, as well as it's bas damage value, might be easier to make a new gun and then make yourself a box with it in it

7. dejavuLTU

dejavuLTU Intergalactic Tourist

You know when you have a pheonix emblem and when you use it it does this fire ball thing basically it's shoots that from a rifle

8. Dubby

Dubby Void-Bound Voyager

Uh, not really. And the fireball is relatively frequent, it appears on uncommon guns. (It's also not that good)

9. Wurmheart

Wurmheart Subatomic Cosmonaut

for random generated the relevant parts are:

basedps, found in .generatedgun under asset/items/guns/randomgenerated.
    rate of fire, also found in generatedgun file.
    multiplier, also found in generatedgun file.
    power, found in the projectile file.
    inheritdamage, when calling upon on reaps in projectile files.
    level, also in the projectile file.

dmg formula seems to be close to.
    250 dmg with lvl 1 projectile and 5 base power at tier 10 planets/ multiplier x basedps / rate of fire = dmg per shot.
    energy cost = dmg per shot x lvl energy multiplier x multiplier.

which means that:
    basedps increases dmg to a certain point, but the lower rate of fire is the more effective it is.
    inheritdamage also gives a nice way to adjust dmg of each different part of the projectile.
    multiplier does not affect energy costs, and thust can be used to keep energy costs low while increasing dmg. always aim for 0.5 or lower imo.

And keep in mind that any changes made in the generatedgun file do not affect existing damage rolls. but changes in power, level and inheritdamage do affect existing weapons.
    and i'm still not quite sure how exactly power is processed, either 5 is base or random gen guns mostly ignore it.

infinitetech likes this.