Modding Help Editing icons for wallpaper and flooring, is it possible?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Acerbicon, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

Like the title suggests. I've been editing my interior carpeting and wallpapers as well as the craftable flooring for exteriors. Is there a way to edit the icons shown in game or would that require a SMAPI/Farmhand mod to make it work?

If it requires a more in-depth mod, has anyone worked on something like this before or have any idea where I would need to start with it? I have very little experience in anything outside of the pixel work side of SDV modding.

• barfyscorpion

barfyscorpion Pangalactic Porcupine

The thumbnail/icon shown in Pierre's shop when walls are up for sale have automatically changed to reflect my wall and floor replacements without any effort on my part. Is this what you mean by icons?

The same is true with furniture pieces (though, the original names stay of course).

• Acerbicon

For some reason it doesn't do that for me. Furniture edits show up in the item previews in shops or in my inventory, but flooring and wallpaper edits aren't reflected in any place outside of on the wall/floor.

For instance, I've edited the Joja wallpaper to be Nuka Cola wallpaper. On my wall it is what I've edited it to, in my inventory it still looks like Joja wallpaper.

example.png

• bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

Did you replace Content/walls_and_floors.xnb AND Content/Maps/walls_and_floors.xnb? Looks to me that only one of these files was altered, hence the incorrect thumbnail.

• Acerbicon

Thank you so much. I thought I had replaced them both but I ended up forgetting to replace one of them. Woops.

• bugmenever

bugmenever Phantasmal Quasar

You're welcome! Glad that fixed your problem. :)