RELEASED Edited spouse rooms! :3

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by alicedafox, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

I also liked penny and leah from spouse Rooms 3, shane, emily, and sam from spouse Rooms 2, and the rest from spouse Rooms 1 will you put them all together in one download file please.

• alicedafox

alicedafox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Edited & uploaded in ''spouseRooms3-request'' :)

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Would you put them with Sebastian room from spouse Rooms 2 clean version with a plant please. I like the keyboard in Sebastian room the best.

• sauramon

sauramon Void-Bound Voyager

I LOVE Harvey's room! But the potted plant is on top of the sofa, could you fix this? I wish I could do it myself but I still haven't ventured into editing maps. :facepalm:

• alicedafox

Edited (spouseRooms.zip), sorry for that! Thanks for you feedback!:nuruflirt:

• Ardalis

Ardalis Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi i love you mod, i want to let you know i found two things on Eliot's room i can go tru the wall in the spcae between the pot plant and the bookcase and on Emily's room her parrot is behind the sofa.

Attached Files:

• alicedafox

Thanks for your feedback & Bugreport! :nuruflirt:
                Fixxed that Elliot Bug with the bookcase. But i cant find emilys parrot :oops:

So please guys tell me how to fix that parrot! :confused:

Ardalis likes this.
                • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

The parrot's hiding on the Cursors tilesheet, in 'LooseSprites'.

alicedafox likes this.
                  • alicedafox

Found it, thanks!
                    But I still dont know how to fix it because in tIDE there arent any animations for this parrot.. maybe its coded? :cry:

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Small question for you - I'm wanting to use the version with Shane's room cleaned up and Seb's room with the keyboard, but when I unpacked them I got something called a tbin file? What do I do with that? I'm used to just swapping out the xnb's. >.>

• foghorn

@alicedafox Yes, it's handled by the game's code. The game checks if you've seen the parrot event, and then adds the bird. You could create your own spritesheet and add whatever animations you want, though.

@LuthienNightwolf That's a map format used by tIDE, a tile map editor. More info here. Map xnb's hold the layout and tile data for all of the rooms/building interiors/areas in the game. The other xnb's are spritesheets/gamedata.

tl,dr: A png tilesheet has tiles/sprites that a tbin picks and chooses from to create a map in the game.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
                        • LuthienNightwolf

That's all well and good but I'm not a modder, I'm just wanting to use them in my game. So what do I need to do with them to be able to use them? I have zero knowledge of how to use those programs.

• foghorn

lmao..I see now. @alicedafox didn't convert that one to an xnb before uploading it. Gimme a sec.

Edit: OP fixed it.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
                            • alicedafox

Oh ouups SORRY!!:cry:
                              Edited the file into a .xnb !:oops:

Thanks @foghorn for your help! I'll try do change the animation with this parrot soon! :D

• LuthienNightwolf

lol Thanks guys. *grabs the new file*

alicedafox likes this.
                                • foghorn

I'll bet Luthien was like, "WTH is he rambling on about?" My bad. :D

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                                  • sauramon

sauramon Void-Bound Voyager

@alicedafox I'm kinda late, but thank you!! And I ended up learning how to edit maps, now I need someone to stop me :cry:

alicedafox likes this.
                                    • alicedafox

Hehe, no one needs to stop you! Just go ahead & do your stuff :nod::love:

sauramon likes this.
                                      • Thecheesepolice

Thecheesepolice Orbital Explorer

Hey, so Im married to elliott and his room seems to be a bit small for the space the game has given him. By that, I mean that his room looks great and show up great, but the area right next to his room, between my bedroom and his, has a small sliver of space where neither can I place any wallpapers nor does the edited room extend that far. So in essence, theres a little bit of unmodded, unchangeable tile on the floor and wall that just has the default seting and I cant change it since the game has it coded as HIS room and the player cant change the walls of spouse rooms from in game. I have a pretty bad phone screenshot I can upload to imgur, if youre still unclear about what i meaan. So i guess im asking if perhaps you could make a version of the rooms that extend a little bit farther to the left so as to makeup for this? If it's too much trouble, thats fine :) I love your mod and will be using it regardless :) Thanks so much for these!!

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Not possible with just a tbin/png edit; would likely require a SMAPI mod (or more) if it's possible. The alternative (and much easier way) would be to update the farmhouse marriage files in tIDE with the flooring you want. I did that to mine because it was bothering me too, and I always use the same flooring for the bedroom (purple floor) so just extended it out there.

alicedafox and Pawserve like this.