Edit pregnancy and children with Notepad++

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoberJiggles, Feb 20, 2017.

1. SoberJiggles

SoberJiggles Intergalactic Tourist

Mods if there's already something similar please delete, i wasn't able to find a similar topic.
    So after playing around with notepad++ on my save file i realized you can force pregnancy as well as modify the stage of your children with some simple edits of the main save file. Please backup your files before doing any editing, saves are located in 'C:\Users\Yournamehere\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves' as default.To 'force' a pregnancy if your spouse isn't asking to have children you can:
    1: search for the name of your spouse using control+F:
    For example 'haley'
    2: Then search for the section '<daysUntilBirthing>x</daysUntilBirthing><daysAfterLastBirth>y</daysAfterLastBirth>' by searching 'daysuntilb' without the quotation marks
    3: Then change the 'x' to how many days until you want the birth to happen and change 'y' to 1.
    For example to have a birth the very next day the line should look like this: <daysUntilBirthing>1</daysUntilBirthing><daysAfterLastBirth>1</daysAfterLastBirth>

Next up changing the stage of your child/children. To edit the stage of your children
    1: find the child's name eg 'Child1' in notepad++
    2:then find 'age' which should look like<age>x</age> with x being the stage of the child and change it to whatever stage you wish. Stage 0 is the sleeping child which stays in the cot, stage 1(14 days) the child stands in the cot, stage 2(28 days) it will crawl around the house and stage 3(42 days) it will become a toddler.
    Note that the baby will remain in the location in which it was changed for that day, so a stage 0 changed to a stage 3 when its in crib will look like a toddler standing in the crib, and a stage 3 changed to a
    stage 0 will result in a sleeping child on the floor, this will be fixed when you sleep. Captur1e.PNG Capture.PNG
    That's all there is to it, so if like me, you regularly turn your children into doves after they block you, you can easily replace them. NOTE: i have NOT tried this with a female player character and i do not know if this works in the same manner, however there is no reason it shouldn't
    EDIT: When searching for the terms start from the START of the file, that is the leftmost part of the document, there will be other instances of your spouse name. When searching for either your child or spouse the name you are after is the FIRST one after this text 'xsi:type'. For example if you find your childs name just after 'xsi:type'='Child'><name>Childname, it is the right part to edit
    EDIT: Children WILL still change stages at 14,28 and 42 days, this means if you edited your newborn child to a stage 3 they will eventually 'age' back to stage 1 and glitches will occur. You stop the natural progression of children by setting the '<daysold>' to something like 100, which means the child will stay in that stage permanently. If your child has become glitched due to backwards ageing, just edit the age again and set it to its naturally occurring days if you want it to age properly or anything past 42 if you dont.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    • Sindrawolf

Sindrawolf Big Damn Hero

So what happens if you do this when you have two kids already? I would assume it crashes

• SoberJiggles

SoberJiggles Intergalactic Tourist

doesn't crash, nothing happens

• Julia24601

Julia24601 Intergalactic Tourist

Hey @SoberJiggles could ya write out a bit of the code? My game had a strange glitch and now the age isn't even there, so my baby won't age... Please help!