1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Easter Egg within the character creator [3/6 found]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by plaYer2k, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guthrie28

Guthrie28 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5 + 9 = 14
    14 x 6 = 74
    7 - 4 = 3
    Half Life 3 confirmed

Sakaru, Breather, RazoR2K and 7 others like this.
  2. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

You guys do know that "Lorem ipsum etc bingo bongo." when the roadmap was first released was the description for every single one of the roadmap items. It was a bug that their descriptions didn't show and the filler text was shown instead (at least for me and my friend). That is, "Lorem ipsum etc bingo bongo." There's no need to accuse people of lying and mistrust them...

3. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

There are secret Easter eggs in the code this time as well. Though some of it is a little more vulgar and there is less of it

4. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

I wonder why Tiy hasn't at least given us a hint yet. :pwease:

5. Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think I found an easter egg. I tried this and got a download >.>.
    Woah.PNG

druid and Redheat like this.
  6. Kalvuric

Kalvuric Big Damn Hero

Start a counter for the number of people who try this. :giggle:

7. Affero

Affero Contributor

haha try to be a little bit more convincing
    My reaction would've been APOJDOIAHDUIAHDANUOISAOISNDAN RELEaSE ADJIAOD *heartattack*
    :chrono:

8. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

Pigeon and Kalvuric like this.
  9. Luci

Luci Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you click "Create Character", you indeed get a download. :p

Thanel, Kalvuric and ewan91 like this.
  10. Ya, I don't think that bingo bongo has anything to do with it either, it's just the text filler thingy.
    But in their defence, Tramsan did say for the last clue that you didn't need to know how to code or decode things to solve it, and it involved a lot of coding...

11. tramsan

tramsan Contributor

It involved no coding at all. It was codED, but it did not involve any sort of computer programming.

12. Well it involved knowledge of code. As in, you needed to know what the code was to be able to decode it.
    Or did you purposely say it doesn't need coding to throw us off??? (making us think we don't need any knowledge of code)
    You... MONSTER :mad:
    (jk i wuv you)

13. Banphira

Banphira Void-Bound Voyager

I think tramsan meant he coded it in the webpage, but it's probably a picture clue..

14. Err... What? We're talking about the previous clue, the one from the March Starbound Chronicle.

15. Banphira

Banphira Void-Bound Voyager

Lol totally misread that.

16. tramsan

tramsan Contributor

Someone asked me if you needed to know coding or something to solve it, to which I replied "or something". :p "Coding" isn't code breaking or decryption, it's computer programming. I was being completely accurate and truthful with that statement. :)

ewan91 and Luna like this.
  17. Sorry guys, we've just been...
    [​IMG]

Pigeon and Kalvuric like this.
  18. Luci

Luci Subatomic Cosmonaut

I demand explanations:

[21:36:05] <@mollygos> ok guys
    [21:36:07] <@mollygos> do you want a hint
    [21:36:19] <@mollygos> the only letters you need to pay attention to in that code
    [21:36:19] <@mollygos> are
    [21:36:22] <@mollygos> HEY VZQO WNOTU
    [21:36:29] <Auxilium> there's no HEY
    [21:36:32] <Auxilium> here's H3Y
    [21:36:34] <@mollygos> there's H3Y
    [21:36:40] <@mollygos> but it's really HEY
    [21:36:43] <@Ghostar> Tramsan said there was no L33t
    [21:36:48] <Auxilium> yeap ^
    [21:36:50] <@mollygos> tramsan is a big fat liar
    [21:36:54] <@mollygos> lmao
    [21:36:55] <@mollygos> or he just
    [21:36:56] <@mollygos> forgot
    [21:37:00] <@Ghostar> ...
    [21:37:01] <@mollygos> but
    [21:37:02] <Meld> Tramsan said HE wouldn't add L33t
    [21:37:13] <@mollygos> -i- think the code is just as obnoxiously difficult
    [21:37:21] <@mollygos> even given the hint i gave you
    [21:37:23] <@mollygos> so
    [21:37:33] <Meld> Do not quote Tramsan wrong. He said HE wouldn't do l33t. HE wouldn't.
    [21:37:39] <@mollygos> he did it!

One of you is lying.

Left 2 Die and KirasiN like this.
  19. tramsan

tramsan Contributor

Just replacing one E with a 3 is hardly leet speak. E->3 is one of the oldest substitutions of our alphabet, done centuries before electricity was even discovered. Leet would have been something like "|-|3'/ \/ZQ0 \/\/|\|07U" or similar. Besides, if had left a plain "HEY" in the middle of the text, it would have been just too obvious. :p That said, I can see how it could be confusing, and I apologize for that. I've never intentionally misled anyone with any of my hints, and this one could have been more accurate. I believe the context I said it in was when people tried to interpret the garbage data in the clue as letters, and I was trying to gently nudge them away from that.

AstroBlast, Luci and KirasiN like this.
  20. Kalvuric

Kalvuric Big Damn Hero

Unintentionally misleading people is disturbingly easy to do, especially on the internet where alot of stuff is communicated through text or images. Communication, how does it work? I have this problem alot sadly. :oops:

Still think its cool that you went to all the trouble of putting in easter eggs and hints in the first place, though.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.