RELEASED Easier fishing

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by steffjes, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Jigain

Jigain Phantasmal Quasar

Right, so the two things I wanted to know have been answered - you've not caught any junk items, and I know what mods you're using. Both of these are things Nurio didn't answer, couldn't know, and snapped at me when I explained to him the questions weren't for him.

If steffjes is helping you, I'll defer to his judgment. He knows the coding of the game far better than I do. If you feel like you want my assistance afterwards, again feel free to send a PM my way, but I am done with offering assistance in a public place like this. This particular incident isn't that big of a deal, certainly less than I'm used to, but I'm frankly fed up with having my head chewed off every single time, and this was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Again, I'd be happy to try to help you in a PM should you need it. No promises, I am still merely mortal.

Lady Ordinary likes this.
    • Izzabelle

Izzabelle Former Staff

Play nice or don't post

• Gerim

Gerim Intergalactic Tourist

Hey I just wanted to thank you for making this mod. It helps me out a lot with the fishing. I tried the super easy fishing but that was a little bit too easy ;) but still a great mod!

I made a video about this mod would be awesome if you could check it out. :D

• Lady Ordinary

Lady Ordinary Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for your kind offer. I'm sorry for not replying to you sooner. I had duties to attend to, forgive me.

Although, I'm happy to announce that my issue has been resolved. Thanks to my cousin, he quickly found the problem and settled the matter.

I don't exactly know what he did ,but I'm glad that it's working now.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Great! I'm insanely curious to know what the problem was in the end, but more than that, I'm glad it's all finally resolved! Happy fishing!

• Lady Ordinary

As do I hahaha. When I caught my first (second?) fish, I had a big grin on my face the whole time.

Nurio likes this.
              • KokoroNoKuroko

KokoroNoKuroko Void-Bound Voyager

Even with the ''Super Easier Fishing'' Mod I can't catch one single fish. Ugh it's so frustrating :/

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Hm, that's a bit peculiar, because you hardly even have to do anything with the Super Easier Fishing. Basically all fish stay at the bottom.
                  I don't mean that in a bad way, by the way. I'm just trying to figure out if there maybe is a different issue here. Do the fish still dart around for you?

• Lady Ordinary

Did you manage a catch while still in vanilla?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
                    • KokoroNoKuroko

Not that bad like in vanilla but they still went up and down like crazy :eek:

• KokoroNoKuroko

Nope and not with the easier fishing mod too and with the super easier fishing mod xD QwQ

• Lady Ordinary

Pray tell, do you click your farmer when a '!' appears above their head while fishing?

Also, are you sure that you placed the modded fish.xnb in the data folder?

• KokoroNoKuroko

Yes I do click when a ''!'' appears but it's too hard to get the green thing behind the fish x.x
                            Oh and yes I am absolutely sure that the fish.xnb in the data folder is.

• Lady Ordinary

Hmm...try downloading the mod again. Assuming you already have a backup of the original, delete the fish.xnb that is currently in your folder and replace it with the one you downloaded.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Just a small FYI: You don't need to click your farmer. You simply have to click with the left mouse button anywhere in the window, not necessarily on the farmer

I'd ask you the same thing I asked Lady Ordinary. Can you post the Fish.xnb you are currently using? Just zip it up and upload it here
                                ...Though, seeing how you do notice a change, I'd say the mod is probably properly installed. But just to make sure, you can upload it here and I'll check it out.

Can you maybe also check out this video?

It shows the difference between not using the mod (beginning of the video) and using the mod (end of the video). Does it look the same for you?

If you're still having trouble catching fish, even with the mod, can I ask how exactly do you fish? As in, how do you try to keep the green 'catching bar' behind the fish? Do you use short clicks? Long clicks? Rapid clicks?
                                I recommend using fairly short, rapid clicks. At least 3 clicks per second. And then adjust the length of the click depending on how well you balance the bar behind the fish
                                Aside from that, when you're a low level, I recommend fishing in the river. You have some easier fish there that can help you level up. When you're a higher level, the 'catching bar' is longer, and you'll have an easier time trying to catch the more difficult fish from the ocean

• Lady Ordinary

I know that :). But majority of the people I come across click their farmer when an exclamation point appears above their farmer's head. I just thought she might be one of them, that's all.

Nurio likes this.
                                  • KokoroNoKuroko

Uhm I did see the change it's like when the mod is installed but I still can't get it. Uhh I use often the rapid clicks about 4-5 per sec I think and I use the short clicks.
                                    And how do I post fish.xnb ?

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Do you know how to zip up files?

• KokoroNoKuroko

Jes I know how to. And I did, but how do I upload it?

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

When you reply, there's an "Upload a File" button right next to the Post Reply button. Press that