Mob Earth Mobs in Starbound (This is a question/suggestion)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Vesuvia, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Vesuvia

Vesuvia Void-Bound Voyager

I was just wondering, will there be creatures from earth in Starbound? If not, that would be awesome. I can imagine having a pet Panther or Tiger fighting at my side. If they aren't in the game, then this is a suggestion post. I was just wondering.

2. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

Notice that starter pets are typically animals from each species homeworld. Humans can select domesticated dogs and presumable cats n such. There is most likely going to be some Earth life, but not too much.

3. Vesuvia

Yes, but the pets that you start with aren't exactly deadly killers. More like cute little animals.

4. Reynbowz

Reynbowz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

druid likes this.
  5. Affero

Affero Contributor

The monstergenerator can probably spit out creatures similar to earths, if you're lucky. And there will probably be traditional fishes, birds and stuff. And as Reynbowz showed, there are penguins!

6. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i wold a black panther and two scimitars

7. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

I really hope you are kidding

8. In the random stuff no. But since there is scripted stuff mixed, I'm would not be impressed to be Earth Animals for example. ^^

9. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

This gave me a great idea for an easter egg!!!

The team could make "Earth" a planet somewhere in the game to find, and there's a Chucklefish office there with all the Devs as NPCs!!!!! Molly can sell cake, and if you ask Tiy for a release date he turns into a boss-mech!!!

Hatsya Souji and Hawk Novablast like this.
  10. The1stZombie

The1stZombie Orbital Explorer

Well of course your starter pets aren't going to be huge and ferocious. Besides, pets are more of an aesthetic thing anyway.

11. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

I think there is a t-rex you can find, so thats one

12. Vesuvia

Ha ha, I get it.

13. Stlak

Stlak Orbital Explorer

Eh, I'm just going to say that the Mushroom places underground, There is normally a Dog underground with them, Just use your starter sword (If you haven't trashed it) Bring the dog to half life, Then throw a capture pod at it.. Bamn! You got a pet doggeh!

(Please note that the Dog will not attack anything, But its a cool look for your Character)

14. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Would even fight the Chucklefish itself — from the new & cute Chucklefish, until we fought its demented yet old final form: the Chuckling Blowfish!

15. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

The thing is, in Starbound, the Earth is destroyed by a tentacled alien, so there wouldn't be much surviving animals.
    It doesn't have as much logic since why would anyone want to bring a tiger into space?
    Monster you could find in your starter planet might even be stronger than those anyway.

Hatsya Souji likes this.