Early impressions on Treasure Adventure World for those who played the original?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DryLuigi, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

whoever is working on the codeing of the game please remember to
    add a way to get out of the hidden lab at globtec

becouse i didnt get enough health and
    that boss can just fuck off to the 6th circle of hell, and the hour long unskipable dialog and the corador of tanks before it doent make it any better
    and i had to restart the game compleatly

so yah get rid of that please =p

• bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

I'm really looking forward to this. :) I loved the orignal game, and the new art looks awesome, and definitely is a step up. Although I'm going to miss the pixel art.. Something about it makes me nostalgic. :p EDIT: Yep, I went to him too early, and after like two hours of trying I just gave up.

• MaxwellDamage

MaxwellDamage Poptop Tamer

You know, Stephen/Robit has talked about giving more foreshadowing to
        the identity of the bird
        , but I actually love how out-of-left-field-except-in-hindsight it was and I don't want it given away too early, personally. =x

Zaraka and DryLuigi like this.
        • SpiritWhiskers

SpiritWhiskers Subatomic Cosmonaut

The art style looks simply amazing. It will be great :D

• olisr

olisr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just keep trying, u can do it!! I had to try over and over till I beat some of the bosses, especially the bones guy.

• Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

everyone says hes hard, witch is odd.. i had no proplems with him
              its the hidden base boss i have proplems with

• Sham

Sham Spoony Bard

According to my save I am about 85% complete, but I don't know how accurate that is.

However, there are a few things I would like to share here for anyone that hasn't embarked on this epic adventure yet (which you should!):

1. Overall, I found that using a controller was more comfortable and easier than keyboard controls. I personally have been using a PS2 controller that I connect through a USB converter.

2.Search every nook and cranny as you advance! Even if you find areas that you cannot necessarily complete, you can come back to them later when you know you have the correct equipment.

3. Some of the puzzles can be terribly frustrating, especially when bugs and glitches get in your way. I haven't searched for any help on the web, but I have found that most puzzles become easier when I step away for a while and come back.

4. There are areas that you cannot access until you get the right gear; at all. Sometimes having the right gear just makes things simpler, but there are often times when you must have all of the correct items or you can not advance.

5. Try to find as many hearts as you can. I managed to find all of them by the end of the sixth treasure dungeon.

There are all kinds of fun to be had in TAG; but be prepared to bring your A-game!

As for TAW, I mostly hope they stay true to the original while hammering out the kinks. Robit did an exemplary job on TAG, and I can't wait to see what is in store this time around!

The only real issue I have had so far was with the drill boss, but that was only because I didn't realize what you had to do to damage him. Once I figured that out it was a piece of cakes.

The bones boss gave me some problems, but only because the spirits you need to kill him were not spawning for me.

• seanos1998

seanos1998 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm stuck in that mushroom cave just after the moment one of the robots steals a mushroom guy :/ but on topic the remake looks great!
                  btw: i haven't had any trouble with the bosses except for the one in the cave under the starting island.

• QuaziPance

QuaziPance Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am very much looking forward to this remake. I am also so exited that chucklefish is on board (I know this is old news). But seriously, I couldn't think of a better team-up!

Oh and since we are all talking about things we want fixed (and because this guy just talked about being stuck in the mushroom place).
                    This was both my favorite and least favorite parts of the game. Please make it less glitchy (putting smoke in a jar!) The only other difficulty of that area was that it was extremely difficult to see that there was the breakable thing to get the water out. Though I assume that will be fixed without even trying as the new visuals should make everything more apparent

• Spearrx

Spearrx Void-Bound Voyager

I love this game. It was hard especially when you try to escape the lab. My favorite part of the game is the sea travel.

• KenboCalrissian

KenboCalrissian Master Chief

My name is in the credits for the first one, so of course I'm psyched about this /shamelessplug

But srsly, I'm always telling my g/f about Treasure Adventure game and I've been wanting to do a LP of it. When I found out about the remake I flipped!

• DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

I played the original and didn't find it very difficult. The only criticism I have about the difficulty is that it does scale rather quickly, since there are only six legitimate dungeons. I never found any of the bosses unreasonably difficult, however....
                          ...a design feature could be added for the drill mech boss so that the player knows that they can (and in fact are required to) run underneath the mecha's foot to reach the mine cart with the cannon. I took me about ten-fifteen minutes to figure that out.

Also, one more piece of criticism:
                          Even though the Globotec facility had a few tough corridors, considering it is the last dungeon I think it is actually quite fair. To help the difficulty scale more gently, add in a required mini-dungeon prior to the Globotec facility that has similar obstacles that are a bit easier to overcome (namely those awful tanks and robots, I must have died like fifty times). I think the biggest source of difficulty in the Globotec facility is that it isn't practical to kill the enemies there, they do a lot of damage, and they come at you from all sides firing lasers and everything. I'm not saying it should be toned down (it is the final dungeon), just that the player needs more practice with that sort of combat/evasion intensive situation because before that most of the game is exploration and puzzles.

Of course, if it isn't practical to add something like that in, you could just make those corridors a tiny bit easier. And I echo what Rainbow Dash said about the conversation just before that boss, because even if I didn't find that boss difficult at all, if I had died I would have found it very annoying.

• Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

It looks ugly.The original will always be better imo.They should have just remade it in pixel style not like this.It looks like a flash game .

• Matanui3

Matanui3 Phantasmal Quasar

I dunno if I like the new main character sprite.
                              Having hair and all, makes it feel less like the world's premier hat simulator that it is (you know, besides that FPS one where you can't see your own hat).
                              Jokes aside, I don't like what I've seen of his proportions; the boots look like double peg legs with those poofy pants, and he looks a lot more stretched out (heightwise) than the original protagonist.

So... will the 'shrooms be nearly as trippy this time around? Because his vision in the original was amazing (also creepy).
                              Also, I found a spot in Globotec (final dungeon?) in the original, where I could not find any way to advance, and the walls were too high to go back, forcing me to suicide to some baddies (though I might have gotten stuck due to a glitch; I haven't yet returned).

Sir Ginger Ale likes this.