Boss each race should have it's own final boss (for really late beta/release)

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by yotmam12, Dec 17, 2013.

1. yotmam12

yotmam12 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the last boss, that unlocks sector x, should be different (and have a different summoning item) for each race, and should be spawned at a specific environment.

i have come up with ideas for the human and hylotl bosses:
    human:
    a giant tentacle monster, summoner is made from tentacles, best tier material (is tier 10 impervium?) and other stuff.
    hylotl:
    floran army, haven't come up with a recipe yet, summoned in jungle, there will be multiple florans that you have to beat on your own, and a much larger floran boss (tier 8 ish but much tankier) guarding a spawner that spawns florans.

hope the devs read it, and i'll also post it on reddit to make sure!

2. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Phantasmal Quasar

Sector X won't be in the final release, right now it's a place where they throw all unbalanced content.

I like your idea though, would promote trying each race or diversifying your team's races in a group to get the best experience.

3. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

No, final boss :seriously:. ITS STARBOUND!:sparta:. You can choose make up final boss in your favor of chose. when minecraft had dragon, it was still too ezy.:fusrodah:

there is time when map making a story like terraria, it have to depend on the person and its story, for its tales stories pass on, like heroes dies and a new rise and always new stories from the beginning and the ending, so it cycle. Secotor X should have random generated boss that can be balance, not mini-bosses cuz they aren't balance, cuz they are too ezy, because the size which I make hole for me swing or shoot at. :seriously:, I still can go down like a boss without shelter. Yes still lots balance have to go though anyway, but soon we all have to realized, taking one step forward and two step back. We have to wait long as we can for the game truely be alright to move on with the idea you have.

4. Xavierman117

Xavierman117 Tentacle Wrangler

Just like to weigh in here to solely say, Yes Sector X will be in the final game. it'll be the tenth (iirc) sector that contains end game content.
    Apologies for not addressing OP's post. just wanted to say that.

Bai.

5. Karrakazul

Karrakazul Orbital Explorer

What if the Apex got to take on Big Ape? The Glitch hunt down those who created them? The Avians take on the priesthood and Kluex and so on? It would make sense to have the final boss be something quite related to your character/race/personal story rather than just some random strong monster.

6. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Phantasmal Quasar

Sorry what I meant is, it won't be in the release in it's current state.

7. yotmam12

yotmam12 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

sure, i just submitted ideas i thought of.

8. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Idon't think this would work.
    It would be random. Multiplayer would'nt work. The players playing with diferent races need to have some things bringing them together like, a boss that is a treat to all races.

ChaoticGamer likes this.
  9. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

he got good reason why one.

Here is another reason, we can't have different boss for every races, because of quest or story mode the chose they made so far. In the old discussion way before during alpha game started, I've been reading that story plot as quest that who side your pose to take in the game. Been quite the issue for long time.

10. codebracker

codebracker Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like the idea, my sugestions
    Apex - take on the Big ape
    Human - save your planet from the eldrich abominations
    Glitch - defeat the hivemind causing all glitch to become independant
    Avian - find and enter the Aether (defeat a guardian?)
    Qaetlotl - ?
    Novakid - Blow up a star!

11. T.Y.M.

T.Y.M. Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe the final boss could be one that ties all the stories together, Kluex, one of the creator of the glitches, the one behind the Big Ape, the one that released the tentacles monster on earth, the big hunt the floran is looking after, a menace too big for the hylotl to ignore and whatever the story of the novakid is.

12. codebracker

codebracker Subatomic Cosmonaut

The problem is that novakids don't really care, maybe they just tagged along because they want to blow something up?
    Also what's the backstory behind the hylotl?

13. T.Y.M.

T.Y.M. Phantasmal Quasar

Well, problem is we don't know novakid backstory yet, maybe accidentally wrapped into it? If a novakid accidentally stumbles upon something he shouldn't and suddenly someone/something wants him eraased, he would fight back, it's needed for survival after all. Or maye he's trying to create the first lasting legend amongst his people out of himself?

About the hylotl, you're some sort of missionary of peace and love or something like that, if you would find a danger that would threaten not only your species but also the others I believe you would act, not only for stopping the onslaught but in hope it will help you on your cause. Getting some good rep amongst other races can't hurt when attempting to make them reason, right?

14. FeederChan

FeederChan Space Spelunker

I rather fight the hive mind that is PREVENTING independence for the glitch.

15. Badprenup

Badprenup Ketchup Robot

I think that is what he meant, he just forgot a comma between "hivemind" and "causing".

I like the idea. I wouldn't make it the final boss though. I would make it the boss to unlock Sector X as the OP says, but then have one final boss at the end of Sector X that ties all the races together. As for the multiplayer issue, there isn't really a reason that a human wouldn't help a Glitch gain independence for his people, especially if they have been playing multiplayer and going on adventures together. What they would need to do is give anyone who fought the boss access to Sector X, but then make each boss drop an item that only the appropriate race can use, to encourage players to go after their own boss, even if they help their friend with a different one.

16. FeederChan

FeederChan Space Spelunker

And this is why grammar matters.

17. justynk

justynk Void-Bound Voyager

Bad idea, bad idea, bad idea, I know we want to have quests in starbound, but its a sandbox game it never ends so I dont think i want to see the end of quests. I want to face new dangers and adventures in every new quest updates like hey lets help this little town defend them self against this pirate invasion and many more. I really dont want the game to end, but I do understand where you are going with it. Each race should have their own different quest story line, but what happanes when you are done?

18. Karrakazul

Karrakazul Orbital Explorer

Killing the big bad end boss wouldn't put a stop to other side quests like that, it's more the conclusion of your main story, the events that sent you drifting off into space in the first place.

19. justynk

justynk Void-Bound Voyager

Ye but i mean like the humans left their world because of tentacle monster, avians because their being killed by kluex fanatics and apex because big ape is trying to brain wash them so we should make end boss different for each race, because we would just know the ending for each race then.

20. Badprenup

Badprenup Ketchup Robot

Exactly. You may beat Alduin in Skyrim or stop the FEV from being used in Fallout 3 (with Broken Steel DLC), but the adventure doesn't end there.
    That is exactly what the OP said in the first place.