Modding Help E.A.S.E.L. Improvement

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by VampERRus, Jun 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. VampERRus

VampERRus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello
    Look, I have always loved E.A.S.E.L. as a free light source and I knew it had potential. So I would like to know if it was possible to improve it somehow, because it's good on a very basic level. I would like to know if someone can add color code input in it. At the moment all you can do is click on a color and hope you will get the needed color right, which never happens, really. Yes, you can guess it but it would be much easier to just write down a color code for the palette. Can somebody make a mod or just a simple patch? Also, having every single sign locked in 1 FPS is not quite a good thing to me, sometimes it takes up to two minutes to view the entire message on a sign (if you consider that the message is just one long word). Could I please get a way to speed some signs up?

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

I will take a lot into this over the weekend, ive never used E.A.S.E.L. so I can't really say 100% if I will be able to, but I will look.

3. VampERRus

VampERRus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yesterday I was thinking about Glitch Fortresses, you know those stony skyscrapers with copper pipes and the king(queen) at the end. I was like "would be better to see some pistons in here too, not just gears". And then I was like "oh, wait, I can draw and animate those using EASEL!". And then I got like "But there are no vertical signs and no way to make them transparent and I will have to redraw one of the borders to make it invisible"
    So besides the borders I can't do much, but, hey! More ideas...?