Dynamic Spaceships

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Drdraco50, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Drdraco50

Drdraco50 Void-Bound Voyager

OK the idea i had here includes a more dynamic system for the Ships to make them more than a spawn point, storage bay and crafting station (with the odd person decorating the ship). So these are my ideas:

1. Galactic battles.
    this includes the ships moving around in spacial environments such as the one where you orbit the planet, these spaces will allow for small ship on ship battles for fun and loot. I have thought about punishments for loosing a battle and the best option i have come up with is the ship is temporarily disabled for a small amount of time to be fixed by a small repair droid which will be made to allow for battles to be activated.
    This can also be done offline against bots if you want to play solo.

2. Landing.
    This includes your ship landing on planets with either a landing pad or crashing. i have heard this idea thrown around a lot when i talk to people about Starbound and i think it will a good addition to the game as you run over to your base to find your great ship against the landscape. you could also use it as a way to traverse the landscape although will need some heavy upgrades to not make the current ride-able gear to become obsolete.
    This idea can also be worked with the Galactic battles as if you loose you will crash onto the planet.

3. Mother-ship.
    This will work with the previous two ideas but this is a separate ship which is a giant Mother-ship which will be made for Large Galactic battles and a team hub. this will add some more fun to Galactic battles as two factions will be battling it out with giant ships (along with the current ships) to make an all round visually exquisite experience.
    although due to the sheer size the current ships get to a smaller ship will have to dock otherwise it will be at least months before the next update.

4. Fighter Ships.
    once your current ship gets large enough you should get a small fighter ship for the Battles or landing within the Mother-ship this will be easier for landing along with battles as this small ship will allow the fighter to take the damage so the current ships will act as a safe zone.

I will be expanding on this as i think of more ideas for this as it is a great thing to add to the game. although this will hinder current aspects of the game such as the actual design of the current ships as the devs spent a lot of time on these designs and making them work well. Although i would like to hear from you and the devs to see your opinions to these ideas or even your own ideas for making this work.

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.