RELEASED Dynamic NPC Clothing R1 (w/Longevity v1.3)

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by RTGOAT, Dec 31, 2016.

1. RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Dynamic NPC Clothing Release 1:
    I apologize in advance for taking extra time to complete this, and I thank you for your patience!!! Listed below are all of the current clothing changes to NPCs.

Elliott:
    [Artist; @shane train 22]:
    -Summer clothing : [sprite + portrait] | [active during summer]
    -Festive scarf : [portrait only] | [active during winter]​
    Emily:
    [Artist; @Paneto]:
    -Cold weather clothing : [sprite only] | [active during fall and winter]
    Haley:
    [Artist; bingbongsingalong@NexusMods]
    -Cold weather clothing : [sprite + portrait] | [active during fall and winter]
    Jas:
    [Artist; @Ailin]:
    -Beach clothing : [sprite + portrait] | [active at the beach during spring and summer]
    -Rain clothing : [sprite + portrait + indoor/outdoor variations] | [active during spring, summer and fall when raining]
    -Summer clothing : [sprite + portrait] | [active during summer]
    -Fall clothing : [sprite + portrait] | [active during fall]
    -Winter clothing : [sprite + portrait + indoor/outdoor variations] | [active during winter]​
    Leah:
    [Artist; Satadoros@NexusMods]
    -Red dyed hair : [sprite + portrait] | [active during summer]
    [Artist; Jokerine@NexusMods]
    -Brown dyed hair : [sprite + portrait] | [active during fall]
    [Artist; @NDR95]:
    -Winter clothing : [sprite only] | [active during winter]
    Penny:
    [Artist; yuiidragon@NexusMods]:
    -Brown dyed hair : [sprite + portrait] | [active during summer]
    Sebastian:
    [Artist; melkat7@NexusMods]:
    -Ginger dyed hair : [sprite + portrait] | [active during spring and summer]
    -Summer/Fall clothing : [sprite + portrait] | [active during summer and fall]
    -Will wear normal clothing during rain; will retain appropriate hair color​

Shane:
    [Artist; EltonScone@NexusMods]:
    -Bearded facial hair : [sprite + portrait] | [active during fall and winter]
    -Will retain facial hair when working in Jojamart if appropriate​

A big thanks to contributing artists and those from NexusMods that allowed me to use their existing artwork. I will explain my future plans for Dynamic NPC Clothing at the bottom of this post.

If you would like to add your artwork to the next mod update, PM me with your ideas.

Longevity v1.3:
    With the release of Dynamic NPC Clothing is an updated Longevity. The main goal of this update is to scale balancing with the player to provide a greater and longer challenge.

Diminishing Returns:
    • DR will lower an item's sale price the more it is sold. (Capped at 50% of the item's sales price)
    • DRs will be reduced every two in game weeks; this reduction is not 100%.
    • DR tracks items that are shipped and sold to vendors out of inventory.
    • Stacks of items are calculated and given the proper sales price as if they were sold 1 at a time.
    • DR is updated after each transaction
    • Artisan goods made from crops are tied to the crop's DR (blueberry jelly DR = blueberry DR = blueberry wine DR) [Exception: beer and pale ale from wheat and hops]

Income Tax:
    • A tax on the player's monthly income has been added
    • The more money made, the higher percentage of tax that will be charged (progressive)
    • The midpoint (day 15) of each month will give the player a tax summary; this summary is intended to show the player their current tax charges. This summary does not charge the player, it is only for planning purposes.

General Improvements:
    • All price influencers nerfed
    • All seed prices increased slightly
    • Water and Capital tax are calculated daily to prevent tax evasion (costs will still be charged at the end of the month)
    • Building tax has been increased
    • Debt Penalty will charge the player a percentage of their debt at the end of the month

Installation and Settings:
    • 1) Install the "Longevity" folder into your mods folder.
    • 2) Copy and place content into your games content folder (All files for this mod will be prefixed with RT)
    • If you would like to disable a specific piece of clothing, simply remove the .xnb from the games content folder.
    • An option to disable certain mod features will be provided within the configuration.
    Next Update:

Dynamic NPC Clothing R2:
    • Dialogue to pair with clothing changes (NPCs awareness to these changes)
    • More complex triggers (ex: an NPC asking for the players opinion before changing their hair color, and doing so based on the player's answer and relationship level with them)
    • More clothing!
    Longevity v1.4:
    • Global and Local Economic Effects [ex: Disasters] (Delivered by mail or t.v)
    • Crop failure/risk (Risk : Reward)
    • More detailed tax screen that can be accessed anytime
    Download: Link

I will be around Sunday to solve/hotfix and unforeseen issues with this release.
    Feel free to PM me your thoughts, feedback, or ideas!

Thank you!

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I was surprised to find the Longevity mod on Nexus (I think you should add a link to this page on the description), since you had no mods uploaded there. I took a look and I'm a bit apprehensive to try it, 'cause I'm a bit scared that the increased seed prices will make the early game too challenging for me, but I quite like the changes you made and I was planning on starting a new game so I guess now is the time.

I am also excited about the dynamic clothing part and was eager to try it... until I realised that I am using modded characters for everyone and not the vanilla ones and will have to carefully revert back to the originals before using this mod or the game will look... weird. xD

From what I understand, these mods will always go hand-in-hand, right? Every time the Longevity mod gets an update the Dynamic Clothing mod gets updated as well and vice-versa?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Minakie The game will certainly slow down how fast you progress as far as money goes.
        Since everyone's play-style is different, I can only recommend that you find out for yourself (if it is something you think you may enjoy that is).

Longevity is a platform in which all of my current and future mods will be supported on.
        When longevity gets updated, everything else I've created, now and in the future, will be updated.

Next main release will be Longevity v1.4 w/Dynamic NPC Clothing R2.
        (I will have smaller patches to fix any bugs that arise before the next main release)

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Do you have to get longevity to have dynamic NPC clothing

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Yes... they are the same mod essentially. However, a configuration will allow you to turn everything on/off.
            If you only want to run NPC clothing, you're free to do so.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

okay thank you for telling me

RTGOAT likes this.
              • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Forgot to post update news to this thread. I'll remember to do so in the future.

UPDATE: v1.3.2

• Fixed a bug that was causing miscalculations in diminishing returns. (Let me know if any similar issues arise or persist)
                • Fixed a bug that delayed an item in inventory from updating after selling the same item of a different stack.
                • Fixed an issue with NPC Clothing trying to use a portrait for Emily that didn't exist.
                • Fixed the content release folder as one of Sebastian's portraits got swapped with the respective sprite.
                  • Be sure to overwrite the v1.3.2 content with the content you installed from v1.3.1
                • Other small optimizations.

UPDATE: v1.3.3

• NPCs should now use their appropriate sprites/portraits during festivals
                • Removed debug messages when checking for an NPC's sprite/portrait file
                • Fixed a bug caused when chests updating their item prices had empty spaces in-between their items.

Thanks to those for pointing these bugs out to me.
                I look forward to more of your feedback!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.4 & Dynamic NPC Clothing R2:

This is a smaller update to Longevity because a lot of planned features are still being developed,
                  and I also had something important that I wanted to get out to you guys as soon as possible.

I was originally going to wait until I had more content to release a new version, however, these new features have become a bit more
                  complex and time consuming than I had initially thought (last semester of college has me constricted for time as well).

Longevity v1.4 Changes (Small Balance Changes):
                  • All fish have been reduced by 20% of their base price
                  • Stamina balance changes for tools are now more consistent (This is a setup for more complex balance changes to come)
                  • Small code optimizations

Dynamic NPC Clothing R2 (Main addition/change for v1.4):

*To understand and properly customize the new DNPCC system, please ready carefully!

DNPCC no longer reads a hard-coded list of .xnb files to change NPC sprites&portraits.
                  Sprites&Portraits are now read through a file system that can be changed/altered by the user!

The list of current triggers are as followed:
                  • Season (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter) /w indoor&outdoor variation
                  • Rain (Non-Winter seasons only) /w indoor&outdoor variation
                  • Beach Location (Only for Spring/Summer)
                  These are all the triggers necessary for the current default content.
                  I will add more as requested and as more community content is submitted.

Default content is already installed in their intentional locations; these should be used to help you understand how the file system works.
                  The naming convention if you would like to use one of these triggers to add your own xnb file for a character is below:

1) - All files start with: RT_
                  2) - Specify if it is a portrait or sprite by: P_ (portrait) or S_ (sprite)
                  3) - Character/NPC name: Name_
                  4) - Xnb Trigger: (This will be the file path starting from inside DNPCC) ; ex: Fall_Indoors

Example file name: RT_S_Lewis_Spring_Rain_Indoors.xnb
                  This sprite file will be applied to Lewis during spring when it rains and he is indoors.

TO INSTALL:
                  -Place the DNPCC folder that comes with Longevity into your game's content folder...
                  (You should have a DNPCC folder in your content folder next to folders such as 'Characters' or 'Maps')​

*NOTE 1: If you only have an outdoor variation for a sprite/portrait, be sure to duplicate the file for both indoor and outdoor triggers.
                  If you only apply a sprite/portrait to outdoor and not indoor, the absence of an indoor file for that NPC will cause them to user their default sprite/portraits when indoors.​

*NOTE 2: Feel free to delete any custom files that you had installed in your 'Characters' / 'Portraits' folder from DNPCC R1.

*NOTE 3: This file system is subject to change for improvements in future versions;
                  any customization you've applied will need to be redone if this file system changes in future versions

I will be around to patch v1.4 if any issues are reported, and to also answer any questions you may have.
                  (I understand this system can be a bit complex, don't be afraid to ask for clarification)

I have some larger features and a new content mod that I'll hopefully be able to introduce in v1.5!

Thank you guys!

Link: Download v1.4.0!

Minakie likes this.
                  • lipoko

lipoko Space Hobo

do you have this uploaded anywhere that isn't nexusmods?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@lipoko

Nope :(
                      If you need for any reason, I can help you with a direct download if you join our discord.