RELEASED Dynamic Checklist

Discussion in 'Mods' started by gunnargolf, May 9, 2017.

1. gunnargolf

gunnargolf Aquatic Astronaut

This mod creates a very useful checklist of tasks for the day which dynamically updates depending on what tasks are left. You can also individually select the tasks for which overlays should be drawn to make it easier to find them. Now you can go to bed a night, knowing you have definitely water all your crops and milked all your cows.

Nexus Release

Please feel free to suggest new features and improvements and report any bugs you might come across.

• Entwife89

Entwife89 Void-Bound Voyager

Could you add opening and closing the hatches on the coops and barns? And can I add my own items? Like visiting the travelling cart?

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

Very interesting mod! I like it :D

Update: Nvm I can open it, its just very picky.

• gunnargolf

Those are good ideas. How would you implement the hatch thing? Maybe an Item "Open Hatches" on the checklist if it's not raining/not winter and "Close Hatches" if it is raining/winter?

I've been thinking about having custom items, or maybe two checklists where one is dynamic and depends on what you do and the other is simply a static checklist that you have to update manually.

• mysticorset

mysticorset Space Spelunker

Does this also flag truffles? I hate trying to find them in the grass

• gunnargolf

I fixed the file. It should open easily now.

Zalkyria likes this.
              • Entwife89

Entwife89 Void-Bound Voyager

Could you add opening and closing the hatches on the coops and barns? And can I add my own items? Like visiting the travelling cart?
                Something like that. I would also add night to the conditions for close hatches, since that's easy to forget, especially if you get back to the farm late and are rushing to get to bed.

Sounds like a good idea. You could also use the static list to add items that you like but don't know how to implement yet.

Some more ideas for checklist items: checking the calendar, checking the message board for quests. Checking the tv-channels (possibly a separate item for the weather, since I like doing that before bed as well), checking fruit trees to see if the tiles around them are clear. (Sorry if some of those are already in the mod, I'm not that far in the game yet).

If the list get's too long it might also be good to add a setting to choose certain categories that you want to use, since some players might only want to use it for some things, like farming or social stuff.

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

Awesome good to know :D

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

This is a very awesome idea and I'm excited to test it out when I can get a chance to update everything that got outdated with 1.11.

I was thinking about making something along the lines of a "Better Journal" but didn't possess the magical powers to make it so, so this will be cool to mess around with.

Zalkyria likes this.
                    • gunnargolf

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely consider including some of those in the next version.

• chad115

chad115 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could you also make it so to check the greenhouse items to see if they need harvested or not?

• senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

It works well.
                          I do see the icon showing up on events. Very minor.

• senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

Found a bug. Whenever you exit to title and load game again, the counter does not reset.

Bug#2: After moving coop/barn, the arrow indicator does not adjust

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
                            • Tinybillow

Tinybillow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will this be updated? I believe the mod works fine for now, but there is a small warning about
                              deprecated code. Simply posting this as note to the creator.
                              Code:
                              [08:13:40 WARN  SMAPI] Some mods may stop working in SMAPI 2.0 (but they'll work fine for now). Try updating mods with 'deprecated code' warnings; if that doesn't remove the warnings, let the mod authors know about this message or see http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:SMAPI_2.0 for details.
                              [08:13:40 WARN  SMAPI] DynamicChecklist uses deprecated code (GameEvents.GameLoaded).
                              [08:13:40 WARN  SMAPI] DynamicChecklist uses deprecated code (TimeEvents.DayOfMonthChanged).

• Mylestone

Mylestone Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi there, I'm wondering if you could add a custom task maker to create custom tasks not found in the default list.

• Artus Azimov

Artus Azimov Void-Bound Voyager

Hey ! That's an amazing idea! :D
                                  But is doesn't disappear during events. Is it normal ?

• Tinybillow

Tinybillow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like an option to remove the custom button, its not really needed with a shortcut. It could be changed in preferences where the button placement option is.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• LisDraconis

LisDraconis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod is broken. When I load another save the tasks will duplicate. Every time i finish a task i get 10+ infos that I did that. And the list itself is so full it can't show everything.

• gunnargolf

I've officially released Pathoschild's update. I'm considering doing some more work on this mod, perhaps adding some features. Feel free to request improvements.