1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Dying unexpectedly at the core of the planet!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by destrozates, Jul 27, 2016.

1. destrozates

destrozates Void-Bound Voyager

While I was exploring the core of the first planet , I accidentally fell into the lava, died and lost all my stuff. I noticed that everything stayed at the bottom of the screen, so I developed a plan to recover my precious items, I was going to build a tunnel and get my stuff back!!!
    In the screenshot you can see that I succeeded in building the tunnel but whenever I tried to step on a level below the one shown in the screenshot I immediately died!!!. This was so unexpected!!!, I really though I could get my items back.
    Is this something made by design?
    Is there any other way to recover my things?

I am running windows 10, and this issue can be replicated with no problem. Basically if you step on the bottom level or the one on top of it the character dies immediately.
    20160727071557_1.jpg

Thanks for your support

2. Skelozard1

Skelozard1 Phantasmal Quasar

Try to fill the lower level with some kind of block and I think the items will go to you

3. destrozates

I did that, but if you step on those blocks you just die. That is the problem :(

Thanks for the reply
    --- Post updated ---
    I am posting here another screenshot with the current state of my tunnel, but still no luck getting my stuff back. I left an opening on the left side with with some cobblestones placed at the very bottom, If I step there I just simply die!!! :( Very sad indeed and I have lost a bunch of pixels on the process of building this tunnel by the way. LOL 20160727075149_1.jpg

4. ErebusAmauro

ErebusAmauro Astral Cartographer

Wow, if you can find a solution for this, you can build a really secure and cool sub-lava bunker (which is an idea I never considered before HUEHUE)

Have you tried to put only 1/2 thickness of cobblestone floor or use plattforms to sure in which level you got the instakill? Maybe you can get close enough to take your goodies without touching the level.

Another suggestion: expand the tunnel to one of the sides, then go down, and try to reach the level of your posesions from below.

Good luck!

5. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

Looks like you've reached absolute zero, harhar.
    Seriously though, if this is the absolute bottom of the world, then it seems to me like this would be the intention of the devs.

I think you can get those back though, using platforms instead of blocks. They would go through platforms, and you seem pretty close.

6. destrozates

Actually I managed to solve the problem, I placed some blocks on the very bottom on top of my items. Making sure that there were no blocks above that, and then saved and quit. When I logged back in then the item appeared on top ob the blocks and then I could reach them building another line of block such as the one I am standing on the screenshot!!! I rescued most of my items doing this. It didn't work with all of them but at least I didn't lose them all :nuruawe:, I hope this helps someone else

Skelozard1 and ErebusAmauro like this.
  7. A Rare Tortoise

A Rare Tortoise Space Hobo

I solved it. It happened to me just now. If you have the Adaptable Crossbow (The one you can buy at the cart by the Ark's portal) switch it to the mode that creates a black hole and sucks stuff into it. Stand by the black hole and you will get your items back. Granted you must be near the bottom of the world. The "death block are the bottom 2 so make sure that you are on the 3rd block from the bottom. Hope this helps

Edit. You must shoot the arrow above the "death zone" otherwise nothing happens

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  8. Elvarion

Elvarion Void-Bound Voyager

The Ball tech also makes your item collect area lower, so that is something for people to try also if they experience the same thing

9. aka13

aka13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Admin mode also protects you from said damage. /admin. Just disable it afterwards.

Hmasker likes this.
  10. roarger_

roarger_ Orbital Explorer

happen to have the save problem, i just cant get that damn tech card. thanks guys

11. WhiteOwl26

WhiteOwl26 Space Hobo

i found another way; delete SOME, maybe like 4 block where you are standing; you need to double jump tech (i have the one with 3 small jumps); quickly jump 1/2 of the block down and jump back on the platform; i got my stuff, but when i tried that with other items i died, so you have to be very careful with it

12. Hmasker

Hmasker Space Hobo

You are my hero <3