1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Dye Mod 2.1 (Enraged Koala)

Change the color of almost anything! (Previously Dyeing Bucket)

1. Maskrising

Maskrising Subatomic Cosmonaut

so brown dye works? in multiplayer?

2. MrMagical

MrMagical Subatomic Cosmonaut

Any item you change into brown will work in multiplayer, but the dye bottle itself will not. You can keep the dyes and the bucket on a planet in single player when you switch to multiplayer.

3. Findanother1

Findanother1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not a coder or anything, but I'm not sure how you can add the code in. I've already copied and pasted into the file but it doesn't work for some reason.

4. dw420

dw420 Void-Bound Voyager

i'm officialy stumped ... what i described was the reason i gave up on player.config recipes two Koalas ago, i had to create new toons every time which meant i had to rework my way up to tier X etc etc.

5. Findanother1

Findanother1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

NVM i figured it out.

6. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Say, perhaps you could team up with Parkinson, whom had released a Custom Colors mod that expands the color palettes of existing clothes (though for now, they only cover starting clothes)?

7. El Comandante

El Comandante Aquatic Astronaut

What was your sulution, Findanother1? I can´t get this Modto work.

8. El Comandante

Ok it seems to conflict with one or some of these mods:
    -AnTiMonster
    -Bandit Hideouts
    -Capsule Machine
    -colonies
    -desriptionplates (not a typo :rofl:)
    -Dungeoneer Dungeons
    -electric
    -HoleDrill
    -Hologram Girl
    -huntfirmeats
    -Increased structure variation
    -jte_farming1.02
    -Liquid Extractor
    -MedicalPotions
    -more_axes
    -Sky´sShips
    -SmartPet
    -SS13_Chemistry Mod_WM-AK
    -tanningrack

Jep :rofl: no idea maybe that helps.

9. Caaat

Caaat Void-Bound Voyager

Any chance you can make the terrifying wings dyable too? They can't be dyed. ;-;

10. El Comandante

Oh i fixed it myself. Put all my mods out and placed only this one in an start my savegame. Build the Bucket just to make sure, but I think it works also if you not do this. Then i put all my mods back in. Didn´t break my safe and i got the mod. It is great, good job.

11. Shadow Wolf TJC

While the bat wings are configured to be painted different colors, they're configured wrong, so while they can be dyed, they'll always appear red since their palette configurations do not match up with the palette colors in use by the model. The only way to fix this without changing their "default" color scheme (which is probably being used by the Eye Guards found in eyepatch sub-biomes) is by modifying batwings.object so that their palette schemes match up with the red palette colors in use by the model.

12. Boogy

Boogy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there a way to make this mod work with objects like chairs and decorations ? There seems to be a different system where some objects have different color frames in png, unlike clothing items that use color indexes.
    It's possible to make a few object files of same object referring to different frames in same *.png file, and make it like: object+red dye = redobject, but maybe there is a easier way ?

13. Shadow Wolf TJC

Isn't there a paint gun in-game?

14. Boogy

Afaik it's just for background textures, not objects. And even if it worked, i'd still prefer dyeing bucket, painting tool is free and too easy ><

15. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

looks interesting, btu why a bucket and nothign that may properly fit the gamesetup?
    [​IMG]

16. Boogy

Bucket fits quite well in to glitch technology. :p

17. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

glitch are such a trollrace - medieval robots -.-

but there should be more diversity to fit into more races. I still remember my spaceship with a campfire in :facepalm:

18. Mushie

Mushie Phantasmal Quasar

19. MrMagical

MrMagical Subatomic Cosmonaut

I will enable the red part of the wings to be dyeable in the next version.

I'm working on a small extension to the original mod that does this. Only objects that have different colored versions will be supported. Objects will not keep their color when picked up again because there's nothing mods can do about it.

Because being a bucket justifies a low resource cost for something that is purely cosmetic. Dyes are already difficult to get and actually installing the mod requires some effort. I'm trying to make it easily accessible without making it feel like a cheat.
    Adding a machine version would mostly cause bloat, but I welcome anyone to copy the object and interface files and make an extension for it. I will then (if it's ok) promote it on the mod page or bundle it with the main mod.

20. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

dyes are hard to get? how that? there is plenty of them and loads of flowers everywhere, so as long as one doesn't wants to paint whole houses where does all the dye go?
    I just would like to have some more cosmetic options on the items itself. It just looks strange if you have a kinda 21st century house and a wooden loom in it.