Modding Help "Duplicate item name 'ironore' found"... Ke?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Qbi Wan, May 16, 2021.

1. Qbi Wan

Qbi Wan Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi, I've made quite a few mods. I know how to do it. I currently make language swap for SB. No big deal. Now I decided to do sth that i called: "Little Metallurgy Overhaul" - some item names changing, some recipe modifying, adding few new items... and nothing happens! None of my changes exists in game!
    logs have no fails, my mod is loaded...
    I tried to slowly cut out content to check what causes it. Finally I was left with 1 (one) ironore.item.patch file swapping name for "Hematite" and still nothing.
    I was thinging: "Maybe ill put raw item file with my changes. I just need to see that"
    I did that a ton of times... This time game crashed :((((((((((((( In log there was text that's the topic's title now. I see thing like "Duplicate item name..." for the 1st time.
    At this time there's just this:
    metalurgymodqbi\item\generic\crafting\ironore.item.patch
    with
    [
    {
    "op": "replace",
    "path": "/description",
    "value": "IIron ore. Can be used for smelting."
    },
    {
    "op": "replace",
    "path": "/shortdescription",
    "value": "IIron Ore"
    }
    ]
    Game loads with no changes
    What am I suddenly do wrong?!

2. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, I don't know why you're getting a "duplicate item name" error. But as for nothing changing:
    1. I assume it's just a typo, but the way you typed the path to your patch file lists the folder "item" (singular) when it should be "items" (plural). Check your mod's directory structure to be sure.
    2. The patch's replace operations aren't actually changing anything as those are the ore's vanilla descriptions. Maybe make those values something unique, and then you'll see a change.

3. Qbi Wan

Qbi Wan Pangalactic Porcupine

1. THX, indeed. Folder structure was exact copy so probably that's the problem :rofl:
    2. Not quite - instead of Iron is IIron :p
    thx for pointing out that typo :) Works now

4. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

Ah, yep, I miss stuff too :nuruwink: