1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Duplicate crew + crew stuck on various locations

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by GalopaWXY, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GalopaWXY

GalopaWXY Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!

I've been looking for this particular issue in the forum but haven't found it. Hopefully this isn't a double thread...

I've played with two friends, each of us hosting games in turn, and encountered an awful lag every time. And lately we started getting the duplicating crew bug which I believe is already known : sometimes when using teleporters into the ship, the crew duplicates entirely. Triples, quadruples, until removing them by taking clones together off the ship. Except for my tailor which I have about 15 exemplaries of.

But this is the new one : one evening I teleported to my friend's base on a desert planet and my entire crew was somehow teleported along - clones included.
    Since then, even when he rebooted the game, even now after a week, even when playing on his own, every time he plays, my crew's NPCs are in his base and cannot be killed by lava.

Same thing happened when I beamed to his ship and all the same, they are now present there and cannot be removed.
    Earlier tonight I tried to fix the problem by going there and taking my crew members with me back to my ship... but I noticed too late that every time I beamed back to his, my crew duplicated on his ship once more. Now there are about 50 NPCs there and it's nearly impossible to move in it due to extreme lag (plus they all glow).

This is a very annoying bug. I do hope it's fixed soon: he had to reroll a new character as his ship is useless and his base crowded, and I feel guilty about it...

NB: We aren't using any mods and I'm running on Windows 7 pro and I'm in windowed mode

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

3. GalopaWXY

Well it was a few sessions ago and I don't know where to find them, I never needed them before and I was sure it was probably a known bug! I can probably replicate it though...
    Where are the required files located? I play using Steam

4. Iris Blanche

The starbound.log file is located in your storage folder of your starbound install.

~ Iris ~

5. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

Couldn't you just pin the most recent bugs like the crew duplication?
    I think that would make it much easier
    to ~ Iris ~

6. GalopaWXY

Here you go! I had four other files with the same names and numbers at the end too...

Attached Files:

7. Iris Blanche

Hm the log doesn't provide any helpful information in that case... >w< I'll forward it to the devs as an addition to the crew duplication bug.

~ Iris ~

8. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

I think they finally have a lead on it. Kawa mentioned in a thread that a dev had it happen at the same time as some lag. I remembered that occasionally the ship world would lag while loading(more obvious without teleport animation). And that's when I remembered(that I never brought up) sometimes my objects get init() called TWICE. It seems likely(without going over the crew code closely) that initializing the crew spawner twice would clone crew even without any problem in the spawner itself. That could obviously tie into some shipworld loading lag too.

So the real bug to find is... what causes extra init() calls?

9. GalopaWXY

Hi!

It's happenned again! I was playing on my friend's game, here are his logs (named host) and mine !

I had beamed down to a volcanic planet and my entire crew, clones included, came along. We stopped playing immediatly and saved before taking the logs, so that's the last thing you should see on there.
    I noticed the crew duplication bug only occurs while playing with friends, and this crew-stuck-on-location bug only happens when I take crew members with me in multiplayer.

Attached Files:

10. GalopaWXY

Appears 1.2 fixed it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.