DunkelBlick- (ab)using the meta

Discussion in 'Corporations Archive' started by FearPool, Dec 5, 2013.

1. FearPool

FearPool Poptop Tamer

[​IMG]

DunkelBlick
    Making the unorthodox practical, one disaster at a time.

Here at the DunkelBlick (Or The DBI as we like to call it) Institute of Warp Tech Application Research, there is no bar too low, nor price too high in the pursuit of ~SCIENCE!~

We view the subject of Species, Creeds, and any form of Ethics the same way, as completely irrelevant. There is no time to deal with philosophy when there is ~SCIENCE!~ to be done!

If you need to ask what kind of ~SCIENCE!~ we do, then you aren't close enough to hear the sweet sounds of ~SCIENCE!~

(Which may sound suspiciously like the agonized screams of test subjects and eldritch machinery gnawing a hole in the fabric of reality, but it totes isn't. Swearsies.)

In the inexplicable case you may doubt the legitimacy of our research corporation, then behold the wonderful things that our wonderful ~SCIENCE!~ hath wrought!

Through the study of ~SCIENCE!~ in combination with the tragically misunderstood material called Anti-Matter, we have found a practical use for the substance as a terraforming aid.
    The most I can say without breaking my confidentiality agreement and activating the miniature nuke embedded into spine is that we have found a way to inject a minuscule
    amount of the stuff into a plastic sack of semi-stable Stasis Gel, which prevents the anti-matter doing anything for a generally consistent amount of time. It does just the trick for dealing with pesky terrestrial features, such as mountains.

In addition we here at the DBI have made leaps and bounds in warp based surgery.

Using a "hub" of long, sharp, and relatively clean robotic arms connected to a collection warp holes, we simply plant small, barely noticeable beacons onto any patients who needs surgery. This beacon marks a point for a very temporary warp hole to appear, through which the mechanical arms will efficiently remove the organ nearest to the beacon.

The possible problem though, is that the warp holes stays open only long enough for the extraction process.

We are now currently focusing our full ~SCIENCE!~ on miniaturizing stasis technology into a hand-held device.

Unfortunatly our Stasis Pistols can't carry enough energy to maintain a full stasis field, or in fact, create one. It does however, fire a sizable beam of time-stopping stasis energy. Although whatever is attached to the currently "stasis-ed" object will most likely tear off in an extremely painful efficient way.

We at The DBI always appreciate anyone taking the initiative, and insure that there is always a position available for anyone who wants a spot in the research company.

Currently there is room for
    More DunkelMen
    Researchers
    and
    Technicians

(and by taking the initive, you can avoid becoming one of our many unwilling test subjects)
    :up:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    wilpin and nababoo like this.
  2. FearPool

FearPool Poptop Tamer

Official Q&A About The DBI
    Feel free to ask anything! Anything that isn't about:
    The DunkelMen
    Why you shouldn't ask about The DunkelMen
    The location of Lab 8
    The Previous locations of Labs 1 through 7
    Any of the 7 tears in space-time that have mysteriously occurred in past 30 years
    Our Supplies of precursor Artifacts
    The real reason behind how we have managed to stay in business
    Mrs.Cake
    The mysterious Plague of deadly warp spiders.
    What we actually do.
    How we convince anyone to participate in our tests.
    Why this is a pre-recorded message
    Why the exit doors are currently locked
    Any strange gases being pumped into the room
    Why our Warp Co Exercise Equipment causes more fatalities per day then space sharks.

Other then that, ANYTHING GOES!
    Please address any and all questions to the Question Nozzle.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    wilpin likes this.
  3. FearPool

FearPool Poptop Tamer

((Oh, I should say what this company actually researches. The DunkelBlick institute researchers ways to use unorthodox (some would say dangerous) tech such as stasis tech, hazardous materials, hazardous spacial anomalies, outdated warp tech, and EXTREMELY OMINOUS PRECURSER ITEMS in practical, yet insanely creative ways.

They deploy mysterious workers in neon green suits to field test their latest marvels in ways that insure a steady income of revenue which goes directly into. These workers are called The DunkelMen.

So basically: Misc Research: Hazardous Tech + Misc: Mercenary

While they know they aren't particularly the best at scientific work, or at their extracurricular activities involving the "DunkelMen" they feel that the niche they occupy offers them a unique opportunity to field test their unique brand of ~SCIENCE!~

As for relationships with other corporations, well, they aren't afraid to lend a few DunkelMen, or DBI Tech to those who need an unpredictable edge.))

wilpin likes this.
  4. wilpin

wilpin Starship Captain

Ah! This looks like some really fine science you've got there, if you have room for anything really ... I'd be glad to join!

Hum ... do you have coffee machines ?

EDIT : I also have a few questions.

EDIT 2 : Would you by any chance have a steam name ? My activities on those forums are quite limited.

5. FearPool

FearPool Poptop Tamer

After you sent your job application through one of The DBIs employee locator cubes, you hear a mysterious grinding sound emanating from the electronic box. Before you know it, you are whisked away through one of our experimental Scenic Warp Tunnels, where, as you tumble down the mind destroying rabbit hole, you spy through the cracks in the tunnel many a strange creature beyond description. Worse yet, they see you as well.

But before you could fully plunge into insanity, you exit the mad tunnel and find yourself fastened to a large chair which is connected to a series of tubes, wires, knobs, dials, doo-dads, and a worrying amount of sharp robotic arms.

A harsh mechanical voice says to you:

Let the interview COMMENCE!

You hear a loud sucking sound and you start to feel numb. A brain slides into a nearby aquarium, where it is then prodded by a dozen robot arms which connect various wires into the mushy thing. You can faintly taste copper and cotton candy.

After a while, the voice speaks again. It is notably less hostile this time.

Interview COMPLETE!
    Acceptable!
    Nuke Tether Probationary Period: 48 Weeks.

Job Title: Warp Wrangler (Subject Interaction)
    Info Level: Vague answers/warnings
    Partner: Crivens ExtraStab (Floran Test Subject 83z; NetherSoil Treatment. 4th chance socialization blind study. {Variable=well fed})

The brain is flushed down a hole in the aquarium and you hear a loud pop. The numb feeling goes away and the chair restraints loosen. A door opens to a bright room where a huge black floran with neon green collar looks at you in what could best be described as apathetic malevolence.

In a voice like velvet nails sliding down glass it asks,"

Does FreshMeat have questions? Does it? Have time for 3 Questions. Three only. Then time for ~Science!~

Signing up for this job might not have been your best idea.

<<Oh, and sure, you can ask out of character questions as well>>

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    wilpin likes this.
  6. wilpin

wilpin Starship Captain

'' I have a question weird mysterious voice! What happens if I accidentally kill any subjects associated with me ? ''

P.S : Man, I suck at RP :(

Out of character questions, be ready : Do you plan on making a server when you'll have enough employees ? Do you think we can make RP via PMs or something else then the main thread ? What am I supposed to do with test subjects :O ?

Thanks for the Vague answers/warnings info level :whoop:

EDIT : I regret
    Nothing!

7. FearPool

FearPool Poptop Tamer

You and Crivens hear three sharp beeps.

Criven shrugs his large shoulders and nonchalantly says,"

Stuff Happens. Find New Test Subject.

Next Question!

He starts walking away, urging you to follow.

<<RIGHT, OOC questions: 1.Meh, maybe. 2. Meh, maybe. 3. ~SCIENCE!~

wilpin likes this.
  8. wilpin

wilpin Starship Captain

Wilpin follows him wondering if it really was that of a good idea.

'' Can I get a pistol or something ? you never know if the test subjects could become crazy or some stuff ''

P.S : Trying to rp in third person now, and adding color when a character speeks.

9. FearPool

FearPool Poptop Tamer

Crivens points to a nearby box bolted to the wall. You've seen a few of these mysterious orange boxes positioned strategically along the halls.

He explains,"

Potluck Lockers. Anything press button, get something. Usually bad something. Great way to get rid of desperate test subjects... or researchers.

Crivens winks at you.

Next question. Then we go to the play room for first project.

10. wilpin

wilpin Starship Captain

Well, I think I'm done with the questions sir. Can I call you sir ?

Wilpin follows Crivens to wherever he's going.

11. Kubastach

Kubastach Industrial Terraformer

Hello there, you say that you need technicians, right? Well, maybe i would be good, I got engineering degree, and make cars. so i'm promise that i will be loyal employe.
    EDIT: Okay i will be volunteer. I'm just need something to my CV my company isn't going too well.
    P.S: Can i bring my coffee (i'm never trust those machine made ones)
    P.P.S. is that gas mask i have here is a any sort of problem?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014