Dungeon Monsters

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Zeklo, Jul 4, 2012.

?

Should I add variations to all?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only watchers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Only seekers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

I will be listing some dungeon style monsters I came up with while randomly doodling, note that they are not a package and can be used outside of dungeons and as bosses. Infinite poll help needed on removing it. Note: I'm not the best at names some are just place holders. Have a good name? Put it in the comments. If you want to contribute a drawing that would fit please do, I will make some for them if not it will be in the spoiler.

Watchers

[Mob]Common Watcher
    Watchers are a ghoulish kind of creature, their heads are ghost looking while their necks are more fleshy and bloody and always have their eyes shut unless engaged in combat. They lurk in dark places and move quite slowly, they can be mistaken for a common npc or a statue when idle. When idle they will stand completely still, they will only react if they are not "sleeping"or feeding. If you startle one they will do one of their many attacks. They will uncommonly screech similar to a banshee and it will temporarily stun its prey, they will usually just open their eyes and release them. Once their eyes are released they will do a series of attacks, they will either swoop down and attack or uncommonly fire a single blast of power. The demonic eyes are linked to the watcher by soul the more you damage the watcher the weaker the eyes get, unfortunately it doesn't work both ways. Don't fret you can kill the demonic eyes without killing the watcher though it is recommended that you take out the watcher first since his screech can paralyze you temporarily.

Watcher
    Hp: Medium-High
    Dmg: Average-low
    Def: Average-low
    Agl: Average
    Demonic Eye
    Hp: Average-Medium
    Dmg: Average
    Def: Medium-High
    Agl: Medium
    Debuffs: Stun

[Mob]One Eyed Watcher
    One eyed watchers are fairly similar to common watchers except for one distinguished factor, they only have one eye. One eyed watchers fight in a similar manner to common watchers, they screech and chomp but its mainly the eye by which the one eyed watcher got his name, its eye is unkillable but its soul link to its master is far to great because if you kill the watcher the eye will die with it. A one eyed watchers eye is blood shot the more you hit him the stronger he will get so make sure you aim perfectly or your in for a lot more pain.

Watcher
    Hp: Meduim-High
    Dmg: Meduim
    Def: Average
    Agl: Low
    Demonic Eye
    Hp: ∞
    Dmg: Meduim
    Def: X
    Agl:Average-low

[Mob] Mouthed Watcher?
    This watcher is very similar to the one eyed watcher in the way that it has one eye, these watchers are known as demons in most towns and villages. Instead of an eye lid to make it blink it has a mouth grasping onto its eye. It will use the normal watcher and one eyed watcher attacks but also will spike out it's mouth clasped eye, giving it more range. If you manage to kill the eye the mouth will remain, and is invulnerable, dealing more damage but can no longer shoot eye lasers.

Watcher
    Dmg: Medium
    Demonic Eye
    Dmg: Medium
    Agl:Average-low
    Demonic Mouth
    Hp:
    Dmg: High
    Def: X
    Debuffs: X

>More Watchers Soon<

Seekers

[Mob]Seeker
    Seekers are common guards for temples, ruins, and dungeons, they only have one goal: kill all who enter. Seekers have a strange way of attacking trespassers, they will follow them when they have their guard down the most, in most cases when their backs are turned, but in other cases when their enemies are injured. Seekers look like common items in the place they are guarding, but they usually prefer to be masks, ornamental masks, play masks, and just plain old masks. When inactive they will look like a normal mask, but when active they will light up because they catch on fire, lighting up the area. Usually the fire will seep through the holes in the masks so they are commonly called ghosts. Think of them as the boos of Starbound, so keep an eye over your shoulder. Note that they are invisible when inactive so your going to need to be tricking in order to hit them, but once hit they will stay active until you die or they "fade" since they are just mealy enchanted items.

Seeker
    Hp: Medium-low
    Dmg: Medium-High
    Debuffs: Confusion

>Should I add variations?<

Claspers Note Most Claspers Will Have Boss Versions Due To Their Difficulties

[Mob]Clapser >Boss Version soon<
    Claspers are also a guardian type monster, they are said to be not organic but mechanical, others say they are organic creatures but are wearing heavy plated armor, no one knows the truth behide claspers. Claspers are basically giant metal hands that will do anything to get you into their grasps were they will pound the living life out of you. Claspers are hard core monsters if you encounter one you better know that their is something very important in the place you are searching, because claspers are 1st class wrecking machines. Their attacks are not limited at all. They will slap, smash, grab, and pummel you in anyway possible, they will cling to walls or ceilings and drop down on you. If you manage to defeat one it is highly advisable to collect any scraps since the metal they are made of are usually very valuable. If you find a defective clasper in a junk yard or any where do not lower your guard if anything they are more dangerous since their attack unlike working ones will not be in a pattern.

Clasper
    Hp: High
    Dmg: Medium-High
    Def: Medium
    Debuffs: Knocked Out
    Not gonna draw this one can't do hands. If anyone wants to donate a piece of art that would be great. I think I found my inspiration, I played this before, it may have been a memory since I hated these a lot Note: That Claspers would have a metal "coating".

[Mob]Ghoul Clasper >Boss version soon<
    Ghoul Claspers are the something that you never want to see, they are just claspers but they are flexhy and dead, they have one mouth located at the palm of their hand. If you fall into the grasp of a ghoul clasper expect to be consumed immediately, they will eat away at you at an alarming rate. Their bite will leave a wound that will not heal for a couple minutes, so don't expect to regenerate health. If you are exploring with a friend you need to do two things, one: Don't let a ghoul clasper grab your friend when ghoul claspers feed the regain health at a fast steady rate and two: Make sure you can run faster then your friend, for plain running or if a ghoul clasper completely consumes a body. If a ghoul clasper completely consumes a body it will go into a blood frenzy, their defense and attack will double for a minute or two. This is why you never heard of any adventures going to fight a ghoul clasper with a friend. Other than that the ghoul clasper will react the same as the normal clasper.

Clasper
    Hp: Medium-high
    Dmg: High
    Debuffs: Knocked Out, Weakness, Bleeding
    Not gonna draw this one either. If anyone wants to donate a piece of art that would be great. I think I found my inspiration, I played this before, it may have been a memory since I hated these alot. The ghoul ones would have a little bit of cloth too.

[Mob]Shadow Clapser >Boss Version Soon<
    Shadow claspers stick to the darkness they are usually found near or in walls, when anything comes by they will reach out and try to grab it, if they grab it they will most likely teleport it to another part of the ruins or dungeon. Then there they will begin to attack, there attacks are very similar to normal claspers, they will grab you and throw you and you will be dealt damage on impact and stunned for a couple seconds if you carry very light or heavy armor. When fighting a shadow clasper it is needed you carry some sort of light, because like shadows the shadow clasper will fade so it is only ever so slightly visible. Shadow claspers will warp around trying to lead you to darkness when ever they are low on health because like shadows they regain health in darkness.

Clasper
    Hp: Medium-Average
    Dmg: Medium-high
    Def: Low
    Agl: Medium-high
    Debuffs: Knocked Out, Weakness
    Not gonna draw this one either. If anyone wants to donate a piece of art that would be great. I think I found my inspiration, I played this before, it may have been a memory since I hated these a lot. Note: Shadow claspers would be shadowy and not fleshy.

Shadows

[Mob]Shadows
    Shadows are lost souls of many races that were trapped inside the realm of the living they have saturating (that correct?) hunger to feed on poor adventurers souls. When they attack with their bite they have a chance of giving a weakness debuff, it weakens most stats by 8-16%. These shadows lurk in the darkness and are invisible will doing so and the only visible part of them are their eyes. The only way to make them vulnerable is to shine a light of any kind onto them then they will be a musky grey. After you deal at least 75% of their health in damage they will retreat back into the shadows and will slowing regenerate health, so you will need to shine light on them again. Their attacks are stealth tactics, they will warp around you and attack, they will occasionally vanish into the walls, they will warp out fairly quick, stay away from the wall they will pull you in a little and suffocate you, you should easily walk out once it warps.
    Shadow
    Hp: (Varies on race)
    Dmg: (Varies on race)
    Def: (Varies on race)
    Agl: (Varies on race, mostly high)
    Debuffs:

>Should I add variations?<
    Feedback, ideas, and tweaks are appreciated :3

2. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

I really like this idea. I love to see how well a fantasy dungeon styled mob would meld into a sci-fi environment, I can see them fitting real well into ancient ruins or underground treasure rooms. Props man.

3. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

it won't show.....

4. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

What won't show the art? Because if it's the art, well I haven't done them yet...

EDIT: Come on I'm getting a fair amount of views, please leave a coment/feedback if you are viewing this page.

5. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

Oooooh

6. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

I like this idea, i will wait for the art to be made. (i can't make it myself, i'm too bad at art.)

7. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Well this is a bump (first one) and an interaction so I can get alerts again. I have a few threads but most are dead... so I atleast want this one and maybe the creature name edit to stay some what active.

8. Bobot The Robot

Bobot The Robot Space Spelunker

Definitely like what I've read so far! I really think there's no end to the type of content they could put in this game, and I can definitely see the different themed planets having dungeons/ruins/temples that would have endless types of mobs in them! Good work, can't wait to see the sprites!

9. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Yeah about the sprites.. not sure if I said I'd make them, I'll try but no promises.

10. Bobot The Robot

Trust me, I'm probably the worst person on here when it comes to spriting, considering even my race suggestion skin was just a rework of another sprite (and even got cleaned up by Kint, which again, mad props to him!). I'm sure some of the other members on here would help you if you gave them some sort of sketch or detailed description to go on.

11. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

So you sprite right? What program do you use to sprite with?

12. Bobot The Robot

I actually use GraphicsGale Free, and sometimes MS paint.

13. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

Why not dragonith to draw them?

14. Bobot The Robot

Well yeah, but they might have a lot of requests already - it can't hurt to get in there and start trying. Practice makes better if not perfect right?

15. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Well first off he said he doesn't take request and second if he does want to he would really have to like the idea, so chances are slim. :L But I got some art I made somewhere and it isn't to bad.. I hope.

16. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

*sigh I'll probably do it

17. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

That will be nice but I will still find my old one.

18. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

Ok check my devain art to see if you need help i am really bad at pixel so don't ask

Zeklo likes this.
  19. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Guys I have been away at other threads and haven't been doing much too mine, well I'm back atleast for a few of them.

20. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

Post restarter

Zeklo likes this.