1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Dungeon Director's Toolset 1.3.0

Spawn wiring-activated Monsters, Bosses, and NPCs!

1. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

RatixFarrence submitted a new mod:

Invisible Wired Monster Spawners - Spawn specific monster types using wired triggers!

Read more about this mod...[DOUBLEPOST=1430152084][/DOUBLEPOST]I still have plenty of unique-class monstertype spawner recipes/objects to add in the future, however I have a demanding job and heavy volunteer work at a convention, so it won't be until sometime after the first week of June before I resume adding more of them.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  2. RatixFarrence

I learned that I need to utilize the patch system as a standard instead of directly modding the player.config file. This could potentially cause problems with other mods.
    I'll be working on this now as I have some extra time.

3. RatixFarrence

I found that I seem to have trouble patching a large quantity of items. For now I'll leave it at be, but soon I'll add a new object that will allow you to craft it for free instead of adding them all to defaultBlueprints/tier1

4. RatixFarrence

5. RatixFarrence

I'm working on a Tower on a barren planet that players get with a future update of this mod. An already made large building that can be used for endless uses, PVM, PVP, and the like.
    It would be a hollow shell, a template, and the rooms would have to be built by the players receiving the planet.

Players can throw the .world file in their universe folder (keep a backup copy for convenience!), go to it, bookmark. And build the inside of it as if it they were a level designer. It would contain ship lockers full of wired objects, chests, among other things.
    I may have a custom sign maker object in there for people to use. I am just not practiced with pixel art and isometrics yet.
    I'm a crazy nut when it comes to dungeon/mission creation, and with the project I've been working on , I'm hoping to encourage players to build their own adventures soon.

6. BTH900 CEO Charles Briere

BTH900 CEO Charles Briere Void-Bound Voyager

Nice Work, My server is unmodded, but wow nice job.[DOUBLEPOST=1430532524][/DOUBLEPOST]I just thought about it, The game is devoid of animal husbandry I cant count how hard it is to get leather.

RatixFarrence likes this.
  7. RatixFarrence

Main reason behind this mod is for dungeon creation, barren world-building, etc. I plan to add other spawners in a month or so. If anyone could tell me how to make objects destructable with a weapon, please let me know. I want to make monster dens.

Another thing I wanted to do, is test this mod with other mods. As I don't have a dedicated object to produce the spawners, I've forgone the patching process and my mod uses a player.config file. I'd like to which mods this will conflict with if possible.
    Any and all help with this would be more than I could ask for.

8. RatixFarrence

9. BTH900 CEO Charles Briere

BTH900 CEO Charles Briere Void-Bound Voyager

you have to reference the object as a breakable container like the pixel pills, or vases found in dungeons.

10. RatixFarrence

Those are instant kills. hardly a challenge. It seems HP on objects don't exist yet.

11. Kobrastarbound

Kobrastarbound Void-Bound Voyager

Can't seem to get this working alongside the "your starbound crew" mod & "starbound sidestories" mod. The object "Enemy apparatus" is craftable at a workbench (not a employers station for those who do the readme) and is placeable with a GUI however there are no items listed or spawners. Wonder what the conflict is? Could it be all the items etc included from these mods stuffing it up? Cool idea btw!

12. RatixFarrence

OH MAN I FORGOT TO ADD THE BLUEPRINTS *finds nearest wall and headbutts*

13. RatixFarrence

Fixed in the latest version. Also added enemy turret guns.
    Also I think you are absolutely right. I tried adding the turret into the monster spawner mod, and it would not recognize it. I kept it as a separate mod and it seems to work for some reason, so I included it in the package for this version like that.

14. doctortee

doctortee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi.
    Is there a problem with your archive ?
    I can't extract it, because there is more than 10 folders with the same name into it...

15. RatixFarrence

The archive works fine. And the folders don't have the same name. What extractor are you using?

Also I will be working on expanding the enemy monstertype/npc roster on the 2nd week of June.

16. RatixFarrence

17. RatixFarrence

Actually I found out that my old version was sent instead of the latest. Sorry about that everyone. Everything is updated, and the Enemy Turret should be there too.
    If anyone knows how I can disable the interface UI after loading the turret with a gun, please let me know.

18. doctortee

doctortee Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really sorry, I opened it using Ark (Linux KDE archiver), and it I have this.

[​IMG]

But when I use an other archiver, it works fine, so really sorry ^^'

RatixFarrence likes this.
  19. RatixFarrence

No problem. I will shortly be releasing a version of the mod without the blueprints for people to link to, so that they can prevent others from accessing the Enemy Apparatus, yet not crash.

Edit: Or better yet you copy the mod to another location, remove the player.config.patch file in it, then distribute the mod to whoever want's to participate with your creations in Multiplayer.

20. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

Are the monsters not supposed to spawn on your ship/at the outpost? I can't get them to do so.