Modding Help Dumb Question buut..

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by MarcusMaster, Oct 21, 2017.

1. MarcusMaster

MarcusMaster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can somone help me create a mod (or at least explain me how) that just replaces textures of certain blocks? Aaand maybe also some station where you can craft 'em, oh and crafting recipies of course.

2. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

So do you want to make the blocks their own tiles and items or just re-texture the vanilla ones?

If you want to re-texture the vanilla ones, you can (a) either copy the images for the tiles you want to re-texture and edit those using an image editor other than Microsoft paint or (b) create your own images (either based off of preexisting or made from scratch), name them something else, and patch the .material files for the tiles you want to re-texture and change the image the file uses to your own.

If you want to make them your own, you need to refer to the materials page on Starbounder and use one not taken so you do not cause errors. Copy the preexisting ones and edit the material id and the material name to your own. Edit the image reference as necessary and change the tile drop to whatever you want (you may want to create your own matitem files for being able to craft them, find matitem files in /items/materials).

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    stufufuku and slowcold like this.
  3. MarcusMaster

MarcusMaster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok, thank you. :3

4. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

Just wanted to say thank you for this! Couldn't remember where the page was and I kept getting conflicts with the mat ID.

Cheers!