1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Traditional Dragonclaw's Art

Discussion in 'Art' started by Dragonclaw, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Alright then! I'll try some digital art. More specifically pixel art. What to draw though...

Firebird Zoom, Tyle and Waffle-Chan like this.
  3. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

All these WIPs... Maybe I should just start doing art dumps... That may end up like the front page though...
    IMG_4435.JPG
    Fondor: Now with more stuff (TM)

:ssssssssss: <-- What's this?

Firebird Zoom and Waffle-Chan like this.
  4. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

I personally would suggest you start with general digital art instead of pixel - it'd be easier to make the jump that way. In my opinion pixels aren't as easy as it seems (I don't really have any experience on that), but don't let me decide, it's really up to you to decide what you want to do!

5. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

I personally love making pixel art, and it's pretty easy IMO

EDIT: I made this crappy Fennix I guess. Here you go

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2017
    Firebird Zoom and Dragonclaw like this.
  6. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

tbh this is coming from some dweeb specializes in vector which is pretty much the exact opposite of pixels, so that might explains the bias a little :rofl:

7. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  8. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Post it!

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

DONE! I fixed it.

10. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

A few tips for pixel art:
    1. Never use black - More often then not black will ruin the shading and just generally stand out and be ugly
    2. Color choice - Make sure your colors blend together well, but not enough to look the same. Make sure they're distinct while bring similar
    3. Lighting - Make sure you know where your light and shadows are gonna be before you draw them

Dragonclaw and Firebird Zoom like this.
  11. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I usually don't use black. It's just a darker color than the color on the inside. So I go from grey on the inside of a box (for example) to BATMAN grey on the outside. I'm pretty good with #1.

I made a fore animation once. I basically chose three slightly different shades of blue. It looked decent. #2 needs work.

I need to do more shading. I only do it on rounded objects. I need to do more #3.

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

If anyone wants an average request done, I'll take them. REQUESTS ARE OPEN.

Let's see how long it takes for someone to get desperate enough to request here...

Marcus Thomson, Science Officer
    Personal Log

The Sigma Rho Galaxy. The origins are... mysterious. Astronomers noticed it in 2623. There were no previous records of this galaxy. It had, in a sense, just appeared. Scientists denied that a galaxy could just APPEAR out of nowhere, but here it is. It may have something to do with the extra-galactic invasion... I'll talk more about that later. Well. The farthest point in our galaxy, the Milky Way, to the nearest point in 7725-Gamma - sorry, that's just what the AI calls it - was about 26 light years. Earth was farther away than that. By a lot. I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head. After the invasion, all of the species pooled their resources and set aside their differences to make the Hope and a fleet to go along with it. That's right. We weren't alone in the galaxy. After years of fighting and many defeats, we were chosen to board the Hope and her fleet and find another galaxy to live in. We've been in FTL for over 18 years. Now we're here. We don't know how long we have before they find us. Or IF they find us. That's just a bit on our situation. I need to go and analyze some rocks again. Fun. Marcus out.

13. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Actual pixel art.
    personinthistree.png
    That's... Small.

I was watching Dirk Gently while naming this.

14. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Marcus Thomson, Science Officer
    Personal Log

I heard that Jake found my logs. I'm going to have to get him back for that. Hopefully these stay private. Alright. Those rocks ended up being pretty mineral rich, along with the rest of the planetoid. We set up a mining station and we've turns this system into our base of operations. Turns out there's a planet in the Goldilocks zone that may be able to support human life. THAT is interesting. There's a team out right now analyzing just about everything there. I'm still stuck on this ship... Oh! Almost forgot. We got a hypercomm message from Earth. They've dispatched another fleet...and they said that there was no chance to hold out for more than a week. That was 17 years ago. They said the ETA is a month or so from now. I guess they made a faster drive. Or maybe we weren't traveling full speed. Not much else has happened. I have been taking some time at the firing range though. Jake won't shut up about how he's better than me. He's lovable, but he has moments like these that totally change your view. Marcus out.

IMG_4487.JPG
    IMG_4488.JPG
    Avali! Let's call him... Zero.

15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

IMG_4505.JPG
    Kevin's apartment! This happened after From The Sands.
    (The lines for the window stuff probably got rubbed away. I'll retrace them a bit later.)
    Drawing the back of his head... there were 0 references.

16. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

IMG_4519.JPG
    Avali-Exosuit mounted rail gun reference.

17. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I drew... about 15 things. Rough sketches though. I’ll put it up as soon as I have around 25-30.

Waffle-Chan and Firebird Zoom like this.
  18. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

I said I was going to post concept stuff but it needs work before it’s ‘done’. I made this though. #forsanghelios
    218FC088-F72D-4768-8DD4-792B280A760D.jpeg
    I think I’ll try to make this digital.

19. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Kewl.

That actually looks pretty faithful to the games.

Dragonclaw and The Purple Dragon like this.
  20. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

The swords of Sanghelios will not be stopped!