1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Traditional Dragonclaw's Art

Discussion in 'Art' started by Dragonclaw, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

WHY DID I NOT GET AN ALERT FOR THIS?! THANK YOU!

Now I get to make sketches until I come up with something reminiscent of a plot. I have an idea for an RP too...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Sooooo... I haven't updated this in forever.

If you want to see the new art I make, go here. It should stay updated enough.

I may still pop in here every once and a while to see what has happened.

Here are two things that I just grabbed off my computer.
    BR55.png WEAREODSToubef.png

3. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Dude, the model is REALLY good!(You know I have a thing with lineless vector.) Which program are you using?

I read a little on your dA and I'm sorry you felt bummed regarding your art progress. I've been been watching you since the start of this thread and I do feel like you have massively improved over the past year. I wouldn't want anyone to give up art solely because they feel inadqauate, so here's what I think:
    -Arting is evidently something everyone builds from the ground up, we all start somewhere!
    -Sometimes audience interest/reaction contribute to a lot of pressure. Remember, always draw for yourself! You're not obliged to always show your art to be judged, so let people see things you feel comfortable showing.
    -The internet is a big place and people put up chunks of useful tutorials for free. If you have time, don't be afraid to learn and relearn! Learning basic sketching, proportions, compositions and what not and moving on from tracing will go a long way.

I do wish to see more from you, good luck!

4. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

Thanks! I use Fusion 360, but the education license version.

Also thanks for the advice! I’m currently asking some people for tips and whatnot, and I do plan on using some online tutorials soon. And I’m not planning on stopping drawing anytime soon. I’m just buckling down on practice. This is one thing I am working on.
    C49B2A31-61D9-406B-A7E9-6D97175C1DFC.jpeg
    And by making this I’ve figured out that I need to use more references.
    F3F00EA4-8E10-4D6F-AEBD-8E5577BB5532.png

Here’s a little list of stuff I need to do.
    - Learn to draw expressions
    - Get better at drawing heads
    - Learn anatomy
    - Try some line art (I feel like some things just don’t work with lineless.)
    - Limit the amount of times I listen to “We all lift together” (OVER 200 IS GOING A BIT TOO FAR.)
    - Acquire patience skill
    - Worldbuild
    - Get my computer

I have a long road ahead, but I am NOT giving up. I may even make myself learn blender, complicated as piloting a rocket.