1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated DragonBound 2.4

Dragons and other stuff from the How To Train Your Dragon franchise.

1. Deader

Deader Subatomic Cosmonaut

I found image that i used as a base sprite for Toothless in the internet. I am bad at drawing something from scratch (i am not an artist), so i just redact images from the internet or screenshoots of the 3d dragon models i have, adding animations and other stuff. If Toothless's image was yours, please give me a link to it and i will give you a credit for it.

2. ... that's not how it works. I do not care if you are bad at drawing something from scratch. You still gotta ask before you're allowed to use it, unless otherwise said. Had you asked me earlier about using my sprite, I would've been more lenient. However, that's not the case here.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/dragoniths-sprites-n-stuff.16347/page-22
    ^That's the source, for proof that I made it. In any case, please remove/replace the Toothless sprites in your mod with another set of images.

3. Deader

Yes, it is that picture... But as i remember i found that on another site. Anyway, i am sorry and if it is important for you i will rework Toothless sprite.
    EDIT: Just wait some time please, around one week and it will be ready.

4. Fair enough, thank you for complying.

5. Timmothythederpygamer

Timmothythederpygamer Void-Bound Voyager

i dont want to be a bother, but sometimes there is a sound bug that happens when you hop on a dragon, the sound is usualy normal but there are times where there it is LOUD and it freaks me out,. sorry.

6. Deader

I know this bug, it sometimes happens with me too even when i start to ride a human mech or something like that not from this mod. Maybe it's just Starbound's lag that causes the sound to play many times in a short time, but then why is it SO loud... I will look at what may cause that.

7. Deader

8. LordDarkSkull

LordDarkSkull Void-Bound Voyager

How do I install it?

9. Deader

As any other mods - unpack this archive in the mods folder.

10. LordDarkSkull

LordDarkSkull Void-Bound Voyager

Oh I forgot it was that simple. Last time I modded it was in angry koala. And I've been modding skyrim mostly.

11. phillip2001

phillip2001 Phantasmal Quasar

Yea skyrim is a bitch to mod sometimes. :fireball:

12. phillip2001

Dude. No offense, but I feeling as if that whole issue was a bit of an overreaction. I mean, it's just a sprite. Lemon lime ain't nothin' to fuss about.

13. Really now? :/

The guy was using my sprite without my permission in his mod without proper credit. As I've said, I'm generally more tolerant if its something like an avatar or a signature. But something big as a mod? THAT, you have to ask permission for unless otherwise said. That's like someone taking your assets and using them in a game. They make all the profit, and you get jack squat for your efforts. And the worse part is people will think the person making the profits made the art assets as well. It's common courtesy to ask for permission before you use it, no matter what medium. It may just be a sprite to you, but perhaps it holds greater importance to me? Consider that. I put a lot of time and effort into making these "mere" sprites, so they do in fact hold some form of value to me, just like the rest of my art.

Yzzey and Boshed like this.
  14. phillip2001

Oh, trust me I understand. And it's good that you care about the art you make. And the care you show is one of the things that make you a great artist (other than your amazing skills. Those sprites are amazing.) I'm just saying, you didn't have to go and be all like "I don't care if you aren't good at drawing" because while you are in the right, you have to show that you're just trying to fix a mix-up. You saying what you said made it look like you are a bit of a meanie. But yes, you do have the right to say that he has to ask you. Just try not to sound like a jerk.

15. Deader

Didn't you notice that i already changed the Toothles's sprite in the mod?

16. Deader

By the way, i will post an update this friday or saturday. (it's so sad that current starbound engine doesn't support animated swords and much more i wanted to add...)

17. I didn't say that to be rude. I was merely quoting that off his other post prior to that. He literally said "I am bad at drawing something from scratch (i am not an artist), so i just redact images from the internet or screenshoots of the 3d dragon models i have". Any "jerk" remarks were unintentional. I've had people take my art without permission in the past before, so it's only natural I'd pretty PO'd once I catch them.

Thank you for understanding, however. I really don't want to continue debating over this, so let's just drop it here, alright? What's done is done. I don't want to make this a bigger issue than it was originally.
    Yes, and I thank you for respecting my wishes.

Yzzey and Boshed like this.
  18. phillip2001

Totally, and again, nice sprites. I like the prince bubblegum one!

Dragonith likes this.
  19. Deader

Deader updated DragonBound with a new update entry:

Zippleback and Hiccup's gear update

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. Deader

Deader updated DragonBound with a new update entry:

Toothless's alpha powers update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Junglebear likes this.