Dragon Fruit Tree

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xamerzan, Nov 11, 2016.

Tags:
?

Would you like to see this fruit and tree added to the game?

1. Yes, absolutely!

49 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Maybe... if you got it in a different way.

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Makes little difference to me.

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. Gewitsch

Gewitsch Void-Bound Voyager

2. Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

I don't mod my games usually, but I might check this out sometime down the line. Thanks for drawing this to my attention! :)

• Pretty_Princess

Pretty_Princess Void-Bound Voyager

Holy crap! Those sprites look amazing!! Anyway, I think adding more dragon fruit would be cool. For me personally, I I feel like the planting trees can... be too bulky..? I don't know how to explain but I always have trouble planting them in a good spot. And of course the more different kinds of trees you have, the more inclined to have all of them. Which kinda takes up space for farming and animals.

• Xamerzan

Xamerzan Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for the complement! ^_^

Trees in general are pretty bulky since you have to have them at least 2 spaces apart from each other in order to grow properly. By all counts, it comes down to the choice of farm map you went with and how many of each tree you want on your farm. Trees can essentially be planted anywhere on your farm as long as they have room to grow... with that in mind, fruit-bearing trees are very effective on the River and Hill-top maps since there isn't very much farm space to work with.

I think in the end it's up to us whether or not we want to plant the trees. That's what's cool about games like this, we can do whatever we feel works best. :)