Other Downloadable Starbound Cursor

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by The Mute One, Jul 4, 2012.

1. The Mute One

The Mute One Phantasmal Quasar

Welcome, ladies and gentlehobos! I present to you, the Starbound cursor! This is the actual cursor, taken from screenshots, background removed and made a downloadable .cur file for your needs! Sadly, that means it only works for Windows only. I'd love to put up a Mac or Linux version, but I don't know how. :cry: Please help with that if you know how to change Mac or Linux files. Or at least own one of those computers. Anyway, here's a preview of the cursor!

[​IMG]

Cursor.png file above. Since I can't directly upload viewable .cur files, the above is a png version. Scroll down a bit to see how to use this.

DOWNLOAD HERE: Here! Clicky!

Now for the guide. It's simple. Remember, this only applies to Windows users. (And it might only apply to Windows 7, the version I have!) Here are steps:
    1. Move your downloaded file to somewhere easily accessible, like the desktop.
    2. Right-click the desktop. In the menu, click "Personalize".
    3. On this window, go to "Change mouse pointers".
    4. In the scheme dropbox, click none.
    5. Under customize, go into each and every option for the mouse pointer. Browse to this cursor and select it for these options. This might not be perfect, in case you wanted a different colored cursor when you're moused over something clickable.
    6. Click "apply" or "OK", depending on whether you're finished or not. OK will save and close, apply will only save.
    So, I hope you enjoy, ladies and gentlehobos! Please leave some feedback and if you know how to do this for Mac or Linux, the instructions would be greatly appreciated!

Taso, Breather, xboy777 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Yay, It works! :mwahaha:
    It's a bit bulky though, going to take some getting used to.

3. The Mute One

By "bulky", do you mean big? I can fix that, although any smaller will make the cursor look weird.

4. Yeah, it just feels a lot bigger than the default cursor.

5. The Mute One

Yeah. :C As I said, any smaller and it looks weird. Anyway, I'm gonna upload better looking files.

6. hazzary453

hazzary453 Big Damn Hero

yay, thanks it looks so cool:halo: