Doubt with the beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davoker, Jun 22, 2018.

1. davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Most of the errors seem to come from the multiplayer, I have not updated to the beta because I only read people with bugs, in the single player mode how is the game? There are so many bugs?

I play alone, and what I do not want is to update to the beta (new game) and find that I can not move forward because there is a serious error, and there are many people doing tester xD

• everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

I mean, I've never run into any real game-breaking issues in single player (Note, one of the eggs in the Egg festival is unclickable last I checked). That's just me, though. Used old farms and new to poke around.

For some reason I can't get people to join my first farm, but that seems like it isn't an issue for you.

davoker likes this.
      • parabolic paradise

parabolic paradise Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's a beta - you'll almost definitely run into some bugs, even in SP. It's pretty playable, though, so you should be fine. :)

davoker likes this.
        • Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Only the multiplayer is beta for what i know. The singleplayer has been fully released on 26th February 2016. They're "only" working on multiplayer cuz the players wanted it that way.
          If you don't want to use the beta you simply just don't opt-in ;)

• kners

kners Subatomic Cosmonaut

Iris that's not true.
            Bugs are also in single mode.
            And there are couple changes to single mode too.

davoker likes this.
            • Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I never said there are none. :nurutease: Still there is the option to either opt-in for the beta or stay with the latest released version.

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

I think that is the point I would like clarified.

If one is not worried about playing multi-player, they can choose to not enter the beta.

The beta has 'more' bugs than the latest fully released single player version as well as more content.

They will just also miss out on a few new features <no spoilers> until the new content passes through the beta phase and a new version is released.

Correct?

Iris Blanche likes this.
                • davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Man, not everything is made for multiplayer, the new content also has the single player mode, the question is directed to the single player mode specifically.

Telling me that the 2016 version is stable is not much use, that version, which I currently use, does not have all the new content that single player offers in the beta, the multiplayer mode offers the same as single player, but with the possibility of play with people and do some joint event.

The new objects, the new market, all the new things have the 2 game modes :monkey:

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

My questioning tone in my post must not have been clear.

No, the new content is not bug free yet. The new content is still being tested in the beta.

That is what a beta is. An unstable and imperfect iteration of software.

If you want the new content either you need to opt into the beta and deal with bugs. Bugs that deal with both multiplayer format (which you might not experience playing alone) and also deal with bugs with new content format.

OR you have to wait until the new content is released in the new release after the bug fixing is done. Which will be after the beta is over.

The new release will be both multi-player and the new content for single player as far as I have seen announced.

That is it. Your two options if you want new content.

i'm sorry Iris's statement that the beta was only multi-player was incorrect, but this is the answer to your question.

Iris Blanche and davoker like this.
                    • BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

I've played single player beta since it started and I'm happy with it. Haven't had any game breaking bugs. There were some annoyances, but it's better with each update. As far as single player goes, I would suggest opting in. But that's just my opinion.

davoker and UnexpectedParole like this.
                      • davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Thank you, that was the exact answer that answers my question :iswydt:

BentFX likes this.
                        • Shana Stitches

Shana Stitches Seal Broken

Opting out is simply not choosing to click on the co-op load square, I am assuming... I know every game has issues, we are all human, not machines. If co-op is updated in 1.13 then the company must feel comfortable enough with most of the bugs gone to release the game out of beta.... Assuming again....?
                          Our family is excited to play together once it is available.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

The whole point of a Beta is to find the problems and then fix them. So yes, there are more problems in Beta than in the previous release. That's the point. That's the whole purpose for a Beta. A period of time in which you discover problems with the new code and repair them.

I'm guessing there is some sort of translation issue at work here, because I'm not seeing why someone would complain about a beta having more problems, since that's the whole point of a beta.

Shana Stitches, musical74 and BentFX like this.
                            • OnlyMarvellous

OnlyMarvellous Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Assuming you're speaking about the OP; I don't think he's complaining about the bugs being there. I believe he is wanting to start a new farm and is asking how buggy the 1.3 beta is if he only wants to play single-player and isn't concerned about multiplayer or bugs that only affect multiplayer.

davoker and Shana Stitches like this.
                              • Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In the big scheme of things there aren't that many bugs. Most people enjoy both the single and multiplayer games. It's actually a very daunting task to write a game that will work on a 15 year old computer and one fresh off the line and everything in between all with all sorts of variances in software. When millions of the game have been sold and you are only hearing of a few hundred with issues, that's actually better than the average beta

Shana Stitches likes this.
                                • Fuzzyman

Fuzzyman Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If that's the issue, starting from scratch is fine. Trying to retrofit an old game at least for me deleted a bunch of chests that were in my house

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I was able to convert a save over without issue, and it was even a modded save. I haven't had a chance to go over everything with a fine-toothed comb, but most of the issues I ran into early in the beta have now been fixed. Of course, that's just one user's experience, and not indicative of the stability of the game as a whole.

• davoker

davoker Cosmic Narwhal

Exactly, I just wanted to know that, the rest I do not care, start a new farm, a new game in the single player mode, and just wanted to know if in the beta version, for 1 player if there were many errors.

I am aware that in a beta there are errors, but most of these errors seemed to come from the multiplayer mode, those problems do not interest me, if for a player it is better was what I wanted to know, nothing more.

My doubt has been resolved for days hehe

Shana Stitches likes this.