Modding Help Do's and Don'ts of reporting issues with SMAPI mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Entoarox, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucky277227

lucky277227 Space Hobo

Hi, so I just joined the discord and Pathoschild just asked me to post my SMAPI log here due to my issue. Again, when I try to load my save game from version 1.15.1 of SMAPI in the new version (1.15.4) it fails to load. When I click the savegame to load it, the game starts to load the save game but then returns to the loading screen of Stardew Valley itself and I recieve these messages in my SMAPI log. IMG_E2487[1].JPG

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• FallenGaming

FallenGaming Big Damn Hero

Hi. I've installed 39 mods all running on SMAPI 2.0 (all up to date) and the game was running smoothly till I go to sleep on the 10th day of spring. (year 1, day 10, spring). I've tried reading over the crash log but I cant figure out whats wrong.

Here's a link to the crash log: https://pastebin.com/tnSSguVr

Here's a list of the mods I am using: https://pastebin.com/QywhUuUp

If you need further information just let me know.

Thanks for your time!

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The `Persia NPC` mod is crashing the game.

• tinkerbelljln

tinkerbelljln Pangalactic Porcupine

My game crashed a few times, when I go to bed, instead of saving and going to the screen where it tells you what you shipped and how much money you earned, it just crashes and when I start the game it puts me back to the beginning of the day, so it's crashing when it tries to save. I went and reinstalled every single mod, making sure they were all up to date, and it still crashed. I even downloaded the beta SMAPI, and still crashing. I've attached the crash log and a screencap of my mods folder. If this isn't enough info let me know, but I think I included everything? Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @tinkerbelljln. That error is probably caused by invalid data in your game's Content files. Does it still happen if you reset your game files (removing any XNB mods) and remove Longevity? If not, try reinstalling Longevity and XNB mods one at a time, retesting after each one.

• tinkerbelljln

Ok, so first I deleted Longevity and tried playing, still crashed. So I took my whole content folder, moved it somewhere else, reset my files then, folder by folder, put my xnb mods back in. Everything works now, so I'm going to assume it was something with Longevity that got reset when I reset my files? I'm not really sure, but I really only used Longevity for the Dynamic NPC clothing anyway, so I'm not too upset about not being able to use it. Thank you so much for your help!

• tinkerbelljln

So it crashed the exact same place as last time, except this time the only XNB thing that had changed was the Town.xnb in maps, I switched the one with Joja ruins to the one without, both from Karmylla's Mods - Immersive Map Edits. I hadn't even added any mods, I literally only quit the game long enough to switch the map out. I thought maybe that was the issue, so I took my original Town.xnb from my backup folder and put it back into maps, but the game still crashed when I went to bed, before it could save. And again, the crash log doesn't tell me what caused it.

EDIT: I no longer use Longevity or More Crops Mod, cause I use Custom Crops now, and it was working fine until the map change.

Attached Files:

• tinkerbelljln

Hmm, so I think it has something to do with switching a map xnb in the game. Like I added a bathroom to my farmhouse, and now the game is crashing again. It fixes and everything works fine if I start a new game. I have no idea why this happens, but I'll have to live with it I suppose.

• Lucky Zippo

Lucky Zippo Void-Bound Voyager

*EDIT* Ok, so downgrading to 2.1 did not work. Must be another mod? I installed Enterox Framework and XNB Loader, just before updating SMAPI. If anyone knows what would interfere please feel free to share, I'm new to this.

*EDIT The second* Well apparently it's from EF itself. Really wish that was posted on the dl pagfe, spent 2-3 hours trying to figure out what was happening. Found it in the support thread with a search.

I updated to the latest SMAPI earlier, now no player movement speed boosting will work. I tried it from CBJCM, which I usually use for that so I can toggle it off, then AutoSpeed which also does the big nada. Nothing in the log, but I attached it anyway.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
                    • zealotjacky

zealotjacky Yeah, You!

Got a problem when saving the game today. I've been playing SDV with mods smoothly for a while, but the problem just pops out. Hopefully someone can have a look at the error log and point out where the problem is.

* Sorry for the Chinese words in the log, since my mother language is Mandarin.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Issue is with the custom furniture mod, please report it there and the author can help you further.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Did you figure this out? Sorry, I stopped getting notifications for this thread.

• tinkerbelljln

Yes and no, it doesn't crash every time I add a new XNB to the XnbLoader, but it still does sometimes, and when that happens the only thing that fixes it is starting a new game. But I also haven't played in a while, not since Ento updated everything, so it could be fixed.

• Opalie

Opalie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi guys, getting a bit tired here. I've had some people complaining about my maps not working: walking on crops was impossible and made SMAPI freak out. I never experienced the issue, I made people beta test my maps: nothing.
                              It's been 3 months I haven't played SV, went back to modding after updating everything (SMAPI, etc) and.... same error as those people, for the first time. This error occurred on people sometimes on the beginning of year two with no reason !
                              I don't understand, my old maps work perfectly for me, others' maps as well. So I'm going to post it here, hoping someone can help me.

Have a great day.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Opalie. Can you post a zip of your Mods folder and the affected save files so I can reproduce the issue?

• Opalie

Hello and thank you (again) @Pathoschild for helping me. Here are the files you need to run my save + my mod folder as you asked. (This is a mediafire link because my zip was too large to be uploaded here.)
                                  http://www.mediafire.com/folder/3qdrzcjbtsk1t/SV

Thank you for your time, have a great day

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
                                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Opalie The game has strange logic to initialise grass which isn't called on your custom map. Adding at least one tile on the Paths layer with index 22 (grass spawn) should fix it.

• Opalie

It fixed it. Thank you so much @Pathoschild ! Have a great day.

• Johnny!

Johnny! Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there, I've been having a problem with passing out when playing the game with mods, and I'm currently in Summer, Year 1. One night I was out really late and I knew I wasn't going to make it home in time (and I was fine losing some gold the next day). I passed out on my farm but instead of moving on to the next day, the game immediately closed without saving. This was the first time I'd passed out in this save. The passing out animation on my farmer sprite was shown, but when the game faded to black is when it crashed. I don't know if the profit breakdown will show before the crash because I hadn't sold anything that day (and I didn't think of selling anything while trying to reproduce the crash). The log is in the link below.

I installed CJB Cheats Menu to control the time (so I wouldn't have to wait a whole day to reproduce the crash, I would just move the slider to 1 AM and wait). The cheats menu shouldn't be the cause because I added it in after I found out about the problem. From my very brief reproductions of the crash, I found out that passing out inside the farmhouse will not cause the game to crash. The game proceeds to the next day. If I pass out on my farm, though, the game crashes. Vanilla always works fine, and won't crash if I pass out in the house or on the farm; it will always go to the next day.

Could anyone help me identify the mod that's causing problems or suggest a solution?

https://log.smapi.io/wgWmHE1w

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.