Modding Help Do's and Don'ts of reporting issues with SMAPI mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Entoarox, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Giant Laser Beams

2. Mloking

Mloking Space Spelunker

@Pathoschild Thank-you for the help! Seems that it's working now. ^ ^

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Your anti-virus is seemingly seeing it as a virus, did you download SMAPI from https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/releases ? Cause if you did, then it is trustworthy and your AV is just badly written.....

• ReyFairchild

ReyFairchild Space Hobo

• rebinsho

rebinsho Space Hobo

Hi, my problem is that "StardewModdingAPI.exe" crashes the moment i launch it. I used the install.exe for installing Smapi.1.15.1, downloaded at "https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/releases"

Game version is 2.3.0.5
        Smapi version is 1.15.1

When i launch i get this error

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Re-download SMAPI, it looks like you somehow got a corrupted version.
          Make sure to download it *only* at https://github.com/Pathoschild/SMAPI/releases

Edit: Also, based on the error, I also believe that the SDV version you installed it on is possibly wrong, since the only `1.05` I can think of is SDV 1.05

• Karmylla

Karmylla Cosmic Narwhal

Hey guys, I got a crash when trying to save the game, don't know exactly what caused it.
            Hopefully someone can help me!

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Giant Laser Beams

@Karmylla Based on the timing, it seems to be a problem with SpaceCore. You can report it on the SpaceCore mod page; don't forget to link to your post here so the author can get the log. :)

Karmylla likes this.
              • gochii

gochii Space Hobo

Hi, I installed a mod and played before without a problem. I got an error before once (I didn't save the log) but solved by installing Microsoft XNA? And the next day I started the game, it crashed and received this error log. Any idea?

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This error is happening in SDV itself, I suggest re-installing it, since obviously something went wrong.

• BossMan764

BossMan764 Space Hobo

Hey everyone, I was wondering if I might be able to get some help with the issue I am currently having. So, I had SMAPI installed and had several mods installed and the game and mods had been running perfectly! This past weekend I remembered I did not run a scan over my computer in a while so I decided to do that. I attempted to play Stardew tonight for the first time since I had run the scan and SMAPI wouldn't load any of my mods. The game would run and I would be able to load my save, but if I tried to exit out of the game, the game would freeze the computer causing me to force quit the game.

So, I think my issue was that when I had run the scan on my computer using Norton, the scan deleted some SMAPI files and all my mod files. Before I had come to that conclusion, I had attempted to uninstall SMAPI by deleting the file as I did not know that the SMAPI installer allowed for an uninstall process.

So, now I think I got myself in real pickle. I was able to get Norton to allow all the SMAPI files to download and run, but I am encountering an issue that when I try to either install or uninstall SMAPI via the "black screen" of SMAPI, for lack of proper terminology, SMAPI crashes and I get the point of the image posted below.

With all of that in mind, could I get any help on how to solve this issue? I love Stardew Valley, but as soon as I modded it, the enjoyment of the game increased so much for me. I really appreciate anyone's help!

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Try the following steps:
                      1. Run the installer as Administrator
                      2. Manually delete the Mods folder
                      3. Restart windows and try the installer again
                      4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 after restarting if needed

• julikaiba

julikaiba Intergalactic Tourist

Hi,
                        a few days ago my game crashed whenever I got to bed in my normal savegame on the 5th of Fall in Year 3, I figured it had to be a mod so i loaded a backup of my savegame reinstalled the mod I, and everything was fine untill i got to the 5th of fall again. it still crashed every time I went to bed. I solve it by skipping the night from 5th to 6th of fall using smapi. Now it's the 12th of fall and it happens again.
                        I have the feeling, that it could happen more often from now on and as it only crashes when sleeping I don't know if I need to skip that day beforehand and loose a lot progress everytime I crash.
                        It also crashes when I run the game without smapi.

I hope someone can fix this for me, thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There is no initial error being shown here, and due to what the repeating error is, the most likely culprit is a faulty xnb mod.

• julikaiba

julikaiba Intergalactic Tourist

It was, thank you very much for the quick help.

• anmol_am

anmol_am Intergalactic Tourist

Hi everyone,
                              Recently got back into playing Stardew Valley. I was trying to play with the mods and when I got into the game I could use most of the mods but some weren't working. When i try to press the hotkey for the mod 'CJB Item spawner' I get nothing and in the console I get text in red. Also when i go to Pierre's General Store and "click on him" the store list opens but I cannot select anything, Ithink this could be because of the 'Even more crops mod'. I want to run all these mods and hope someone can help me fix this. I hope this is somewhat descriptive. Please let me know if anyone can help.

Thank You

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You are correct, Even more crops mod is outdated, use the unofficial update: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/more-crops-unofficial-continuation.129349/

anmol_am and Flumme like this.
                                • anmol_am

T
                                  Thank you for the quick response. I did what was stated above and am running into problem's with the 'CJB Item Spawner' mod; when I press the hotkey there is no response but errors on the console. Does 'CJB Item Spawner' not work with 'More Crops, Unofficial Continuation'? Or am i doing something wrong? Please let me know if you can help with this.
                                  Thank you

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You still have a outdated objectinformation.xnb file....

anmol_am likes this.
                                    • anmol_am

I am an idiot and do not have eyes :rofl:. I was using the wrong files :wut:. But thank you so much for your help and sorry for wasting your time...