Modding Help Do's and Don'ts of reporting issues with SMAPI mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Entoarox, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StardewMe

StardewMe Aquatic Astronaut

@Pathoschild Okay, so verifying game files. There was no errors with it, but the same error in Smapi occurred.

Removing the mods folder, I went back into the same save that the previous error happened in and the wedding cut scene worked as soon as I loaded the save. No errors in smapi

Edit: curiosity got me and decided to update the 3 mods (automate, lookup anything, and tractor) to see if that could do anything and it didn't.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    • genman

genman Subatomic Cosmonaut

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

• genman

genman Subatomic Cosmonaut

I replaced all mod file one by one and finally found that it's AnimalHunbandary Mod that cause this crash.
      It is likely because I added a new quest that conflict with this mod.:facepalm:

I update the lateset version of Hunbandary mod , now it has been fixed and no crash.

• StardewMe

StardewMe Aquatic Astronaut

So just to update my previous issues. I ended up removing 2 mods I wasn't using much anymore. BuyRecipes and Greenhut. Not sure which one fixed it, however I'm able to activate the wedding cutscene on two saves that previously crashed at that point in the game.

• futureitpro

futureitpro Space Hobo

Having an issue getting the menu to load in game. I can successfully mod in the other screen using commands, but cannot in game.

https://log.smapi.io/ErwT0eVD

Here's my log, thanks in advance.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You dont have any mods installed, the "menu" you mean is a separate mod (probably "CJB Cheats Menu") you need to install.

• prettiestrad

prettiestrad Void-Bound Voyager

SMAPI crashes before I get an error log. The game works fine without SMAPI and I've uninstalled and reinstalled and checked the launch options and it's all good. I also removed all mods to see if it was one of those but it still crashes. I checked my antivirus software/firewall too and its clear on that. I'm not sure whats happening.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

SMAPI should always write to a log file (see https://log.smapi.io/ for details & uploading log files)
                If even that is not happening, you probably have not installed SMAPI properly, and it is recommended you reinstall and follow the installation instructions (found through the https://smapi.io website) to the letter.

• Konata35

Konata35 Space Hobo

My game works fine without SMAPI but when I launch the modding API the game starts and then immediately crashes

https://log.smapi.io/xLLzgns8

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• crackbunny

crackbunny Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: May 16, 2018
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @crackbunny. I pinged you in the SMAPI thread too, but that happened due to the Stardew Valley 1.3.11 beta update. Updating to the newest SMAPI 2.6 beta will fix that. :)

• Sapador

Sapador Void-Bound Voyager

When I'm playing and I "Exit to title" screen, it jumps the:
                      • Published by Chucklefish screen
                      • Developed by ConcernedApe screen
                      • 2 pink birds flying screen
                      and go directly to the title screen wich appears zoomed like this...
                      [​IMG]
                      ...so I can't click any of the buttons, because they do not appear on screen.

I've done a lot of tests to see when it happens.

When it does happen:
                      • Only if I play with SMAPI.
                      • Only if I choose language Portuguese, which is my native language.
                      • Only if I do not switch the language back to English in that time I started the game.
                      • Only if I play zoomed out (which I always do, using the 75% option).
                      • Doesn't matter if I have other SMAPI mods installed or not (I removed all mods to see).
                      • Doesn't matter if with/without Steam overlay (I tested both);
                      • I have no XNB mods installed.
                      When it does not happen:
                      • If in that time I started the game, I have switched to English and back to Portuguese at least one time (in this case, it jumps the 3 initial screens, but displays the title screen with a normal zoom level).
                      Possible annoying workaround:
                      • Click "Alt+Enter" 2 times to fixes the screen.
                      Other details:
                      • I have checked my game files integrity with Steam and it's ok.
                      • I have the last SMAPI version without beta, and I have not played the beta multiplayer.
                      • I have uploaded my SMAPI log here.
                      • I normally use the Skipintro mod, and the problem happens with or without this mod.
                      • The more closer to 100% I choose the zoom out option, the less the title screen will appear zoomed. I.e., if I choose zoom level 90% while in game, the title screen will display only slightly zoomed, with buttons half-appearing and clickable.
                      That's all I have. Thank you.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Sapador. I haven't seen that issue before, and I can't reproduce it with the latest SMAPI 2.6 beta. The version of SMAPI for Stardew Valley 1.2 is frozen and no longer maintained though. Let me know if it still happens with Stardew Valley 1.3 when you get it! (There's no need to opt in to the beta, you can wait for release if you want.)

• Sapador

Sapador Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you, sir! I'll wait for it!

• Lyraa

Lyraa Space Spelunker

Hello! my game keeps freezing when I enter the mines, I've removed outdated mods and updated SMAPI but it keeps happening.
                            My crash log is here: https://log.smapi.io/Th8w6yTz

Everything else works fine, it's just the mines which is really frustrating.
                            Thanks.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Lyraa The game is failing trying to find a sound or song. Do you have any custom audio mods?

• Lyraa

Lyraa Space Spelunker

No, I’ve never touched the audio files. Is it worth digging out my backup files and rewriting it to see if that fixes the issue?

Edit: I rewrote all the files with my backup, but the issue is still happening.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
                                • Kulfyr3

Kulfyr3 Big Damn Hero

When i run smapi without any mods it hogs as much as it can of the CPU (80-85%), even without any mods, and it makes the fps go down by about half, but when i run stardew valley normally, it only takes about 20%, it very rarely hits 40%. Any help?

I uninstalled all mods, with no difference. Here is the log: https://log.smapi.io/MhPWC3nN

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.