1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Don't Fly Off the Ancient Gate w/ a Hover Bike

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by AceDexter, Dec 16, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceDexter

AceDexter Space Hobo

Using Starbound: Unstable

As the title suggests you can pretty much guess what I did... Yeah, don't do that... Essentially it corrupted my player save file and I was forced to use starcheat to fix the damage. I thought at first that the corruption had something to do with my player's position so I tried (as was suggested on another thread) editing the .player file with a hex editor. This didn't work as I tried it multiple times attempting to restore my lost character with the position of another non-corrupted character. After some more searching I discovered starcheat through a reddit post and discovered it might be easier to edit the .player file by exporting it to a .json file. Again, attempting to fix the problem of the position didn't help... That's when I realized through the starcheat UI that my character's health had been set to zero.

So long story short, my character kept crashing on load because he was perpetually dead . . . Adjusting his health in starcheat from zero to full fixed the problem right away.

TL;DR: Don't jump off the side of any asteroids or the ancient gate in a hover craft: it will corrupt your .player file! If you find yourself in this unfortunate predicament, try using starcheat and verify that your character isn't perpetually dead by adjusting the health bar in the starcheat UI--you also might need to verify that your character isn't in forbidden territory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.