Don't ever put Stardew Valley into a Humble Bundle

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FrogHermit, Mar 6, 2016.

1. FrogHermit

FrogHermit Space Hobo

Everyone knows when games are bundled into humble bundle they can be purchased for $1 immensely dropping the value of the game. Please don't do this to Stardew valley.

• HimochiIsAwesome

HimochiIsAwesome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Technically, not all games can be bought for $1 - a lot of games in the Bundles are put into '$X or more' tiers so that games don't get severely dropped in value.
      Plus, I can't say I'd be against money going to charity because of this game - but presumably, CApe would want to keep the game at a decent value, since he spent years on it and probably wants the income, haha.

• voodoozulu

voodoozulu Aquatic Astronaut

I think this is extremely uninformed. there are a lot of reasons why you could and should do things like humble bundle as a developer. First, for most games the vast majority of purchases happen within the first few months of a games life. For this reason new games, at least games that sell well, don't go into humble bundles. So we can expect not to see Stardew Valley in a humble bundle. But after a few months of no updates the only people who will purchase the game are those who hear of it that hadn't heard of it before (a number that shrinks the farther out in time you go) and those who only get games that are on sale.

The Humble Bundle is a charity, and there is nothing wrong to giving to a charity. It doesn't decrease the value of the game, it will only decrease its value for a week. And anyone who purchases the game in that time is basically free advertisement to get more people into the game. Think about it, 6 months after release when no one talks about the game anymore, it goes on humble bundle as one of the side games. Someone picks it up not knowing what it was and they like it and tell their friends about it. 1-2 more of their friends buy Stardew Valley (which is no longer in the humble bundle) at full price. Generally sales increase in the time after humble bundles because of that advertisement. And as a developer i'm sure i'd give away a few thousand copies of my game to people who wouldn't pay for it otherwise if i can get more people who would pay for it to buy the game at full price (or even on sale) because they heard about it due to the humble bundle.

• FrogHermit

FrogHermit Space Hobo

I agree nothing wrong with money going to charity, i purchase humble bundles all the time, i would just like to see this game thrive and always being worth so many X amount of key and so on, because a lot of indie games such as castle crashers have dropped down to $1 because it was bundled