Does SMAPI update along with the original game?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Snugglefundles, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Snugglefundles

Snugglefundles Void-Bound Voyager

Been wondering this because I love these mods, I only the increased movement, always gift, and the occasional freeze time if I'm trying to get somewhere but there's only 10 minutes left in-game time. However with the 1.05 patch that just came out, the iridium spawn rate part is a really big deal. So does SMAPI innately receive the same updates, or will I need to wait for SMAPI itself and mods such as the in-game cheat menu one to update to get these changes? Thanks in advance and keep up the fantastic work!

• Thanatosll

Thanatosll Scruffy Nerf-Herder

SMAPI is dead, Storm is the new thing.

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

I am playing 1.05 with SMAPI so...

I have the mods installed right now:

Sprinkler Mod (obviously... I made that one, for personal use)
        CJBCheats Menu (mostly to fix bad runs of luck, I don't use the rest of the cheats)
        Display Grid
        CJB price of items when you hover the mouse over them

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

SMAPI will remain compatible with the latest version of the game for a while.
          Mods for 0.36 and below will not be compatible with current versions of SMAPI, but all others should be fine.

Typically there wont need to be any changes made to SMAPI for it to work with future versions of the game, so I expect it to work with all versions of the game right up until multiplayer is added.

I only really use CJB's item price mod myself.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
          • Thanatosll

• OrSpeeder

• Thanatosll

Read the very first line.

• OrSpeeder

That doesn't explain about SMAPI, it is only SMAPI original dev saying she won't dev new mods for SMAPI.

SMAPI death, or not death, does not depend on her alone, it depends on when Storm will be more practical than SMAPI for making mods and installing them, for now, it ins't (thus why I am on SMAPI).