1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want beta?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by The7thLegion, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urist McDwarf

Urist McDwarf Void-Bound Voyager

I second this!:up:

shadowcrazy likes this.
  2. Vapor Horologium Corpus

Vapor Horologium Corpus Weight of the Sky

I want a beta but i don't think there should be one if that makes sense

3. Iyskreem

Iyskreem Void-Bound Voyager

I want them to make a beta close to the proper release. Playing the game early would be great, but playing a buggy, broken version isn't exactly good times.

4. ThatAmazingPerson

ThatAmazingPerson Existential Complex

I kind of like the idea of have a limit or whatever, like you can only play a part of it. It'd be awesomer if it was also a open beta, but bugs might or might not get reported.

I also played a game were it was in closed beta, and when the game maker felt like there should be more people, he'd give the beta testers 'codes' to give to their friends or whatever, so they could play the game.

5. Wazupmaster

Wazupmaster Phantasmal Quasar

I'm half and half on whether or not I'd want to play the beta. On one hand, I'll already know a bunch of things before the game comes out, and it'll be buggier too.

On the other hand, I want to help them find bugs to squash so I can help make the final release better. Were I given the opportunity to participate in the beta, I probably would.

6. Malachitebird

Malachitebird Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't want a beta. I'm assuming that it may possibly be somewhat like Terraria, where they release it and then periodically make updates to it, fixing bugs, but also adding more content. It seems as though the devs already want to make the game as "perfect" as possible and I think, going by the latest update by Rho, that they are already testing and tweaking the game to make it as seamless as possible. The devs probably even have their own team of testers. So hopefully in a way, the officially released game will a beta in itself, by working as perfectly as the devs could make it, but open for the entire world to find any bugs they missed.

7. Player_1

Player_1 Void-Bound Voyager

I want a beta to be released, but if one is released, I won't play it. I want it to be released so that the people who want to play it can play it, if that makes any sense.

8. TheHolyWombat

TheHolyWombat Subatomic Cosmonaut

no...

i want an ALPHA

YEEEEAAAAH

9. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

I don't want them to do a beta that would mean the game is buggy if they did. The only reason I would want beta is if I could beta test and find all the bugs.

Spacefawx likes this.
  10. Aldacre

Aldacre Void-Bound Voyager

As somebody mentioned, most "beta testers" are just "LETS PLAY THIS GAEM EARLIE GUISE OLOLOLO"

Were I given the chance to play in the beta, i gladly would report bugs. Maybe they should even open a closed beta forum that only the beta testers can post in (for bugs and what not to not clutter the regular forum)

shadowcrazy likes this.
  11. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

I wouldn't want to play beta if it's a closed beta. Cuz than it completely ruins the community experience of everybody rushing to get the game and everyone talking about and everyone just having a great time cuz it's finally released. If I played in a closed beta, it'd only, like 20 people, and wouldn't really be fun.

12. Malachitebird

Malachitebird Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree. And I bet all 4,445 members would love to report bugs and be in the beta testing. And I would loathe to have the hipster beta testers saying: "I played starbound before it was cool." (not that it isn't already cool) :)

13. Spike

Spike Supernova

Hm... Minecraft and Terraria are the rare breeds where their Beta and Alpha are awesome. I would much more prefer to play the full version of the game rather than a game with no music, no goals, and crashes if you click on a button that hasn't been given a function yet (There are games that does that).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.