Do the villagers have last names?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MagicallyClueless, May 12, 2016.

1. MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

SO I WAS BROWSING THE WIKI FOR PICTURE REFERENCES
    and I looked up Evelyn... in her description, it says her full name is "Evelyn Mullner".

Are there other last names of villagers confirmed? Like seriously, I would love to know about this for character reasons. I remember reading one fanfic that had a last name, and I was like, what??? Is that made up or is it REALS

(if there aren't more last names, let us beg the SDV overlord of more exposition on that front)

EltonScone, Gabaw and Pudassassin like this.
    • mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

Well, this is intriguing. Now that you mention it, i want to know Penny's family name as well.

Btw, i suspect Linus's fullname is Linus MacWindow :pfff:

rmd64, squidspeaker, Gabaw and 2 others like this.
      • Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I wondered the same thing...[​IMG] Even Sam ask me not to tell his full name to anyone.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
        • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

It is a curious point, now that you mention it. I'm not sure why last names aren't mentioned, except that maybe ConcernedApe thought we'd have trouble enough keeping all the personalities separate (at least, at first) with first names, to bother with family ones.

I suppose I'm most curious about the Wizard's, though I suspect he's deliberately kept it hidden in order to appear mysterious.

• MagicallyClueless

What I wanna know is how we have a last name for Evelyn and George but no last names for other townspeople.

I would honestly love to get last names for the others. There'd be so many last names too since some families seem to be a bit messy, haha. Marnie/Shane/Jas probably have different last names each, Sebastian's last name is probably different from the other 3 members of his family, etc.

edit: Alex's name is apparently the same too but I'm not sure if I'm trusting this wiki or not, unless last names were on a mother's name basis rather than father's. Evelyn is Alex's grandmother on his mom's side which is to say Alex would have his father's last name rather than his mother's maiden name (assuming he did not have his name changed)

edit edit: or Alex's mother never married? oooooooooo

Last edited: May 12, 2016
            • mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

Imo, since we know Alex has abusive father, i'd think he prefer to take his mother's name. So... Alex Mullner. It's a nice name.

Gabaw and Pudassassin like this.
              • MagicallyClueless

Yeah, I was thinking about that and I honestly wouldn't blame him. I like the way Alex Mullner sounds too!

noW WHERE ARE THE OTHER LAST NAMES *shakes the game mercilessly*

Gabaw and lilly_ampleton like this.
                • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Where are they? Probably in 1.1. I look forward to finding out.

MagicallyClueless likes this.
                  • Megzzzx

Megzzzx Void-Bound Voyager

I want to know too. I'm a married woman now and I have no clue what my last name is!

EltonScone, Gabaw and lilly_ampleton like this.
                    • lilly_ampleton

lilly_ampleton Void-Bound Voyager

Oh now that you point that out....my farmer doesn't have a last name either. She's married to Harvey. Well, since Harvey is such a sweetheart I like to think he took her last name which would make him Harvey Villard.

Megzzzx likes this.
                      • Landwalker

Landwalker Pangalactic Porcupine

I pondered about this a while back, and unfortunately, there are no known canonical surnames except for George and Evelyn.

So naturally I decided to just give them surnames myself, and as far as I'm concerned those are now the canonical ones. :p

• Megzzzx

What are they?

• Landwalker

Landwalker Pangalactic Porcupine

• EvilPoptart81

EvilPoptart81 Cosmic Narwhal

I think it'd be a nice touch to the world our farmers live in, if we do find out everyone's last names eventually. It's little things like that which makes a game feel a little more alive in a way, for such a fun laid back game like this.

• Megzzzx

I really wish there was more clarity on the relationship between Marnie, Jas, and Shane.

EltonScone likes this.
                                • Megzzzx

Guess I should have married Sam to get the name married surname as I will in real life. HAHAHA

lilly_ampleton likes this.
                                  • MagicallyClueless

I've never really tried to bother any devs of any games but I really wanna ask CA if he'll ever add last names (or already has last names) for the others. *stares at twitter account* :c

• Megzzzx

If you do ask him to clarify how Jas, Shane and Marnie are related as well. LOL

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

@Landwalker that's actually a pretty good list, I like it! Though from a practical standpoint it's largely unnecessary and it's easier to just go by first names. There are some cultures that prioritize last or family names however so that could be a consideration.

• MagicallyClueless

Of course it has no impact on the actual game, it's just neat information that I'd love to know for the sake of knowing. Megz brings up a good point about it allowing more clarity for Marnie/Shane/Jas as well, since that was (is?) a debate for a while.