Do my mods need updates? Also where is the current mods list?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by OrSpeeder, Dec 3, 2019.

1. OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

So, I've been doing lots of other things with my life (I got married, in real life I mean, one month ago!)

Still, I saw we got a 1.4, and I remember some time ago after another major update some people updated my mods for me or asked me to show up to update them.

I am wondering if my mods are still in use or if people made something better.

And in what site people are currently uploading mods and whatnot. Anyone made a mod browser yet? (like Terraria has with tModLoader).

As for people wondering what my mods are:

Better Sprinklers (lets you configure your sprinklers watering area).
    Farming Implements Combat
    Sprint and Dash mod
    Chest Names with Hovering Label
    Slower Fence Decay mod (also make fence decay a bit random to prevent them from breaking all at same day)
    Healthbars for SMAPI

Those are the ones I remember at least...

Also I was making some high-res portraits mod, but never finished it sadly :(

minervamaga and paxchristos like this.
    • Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

You can view the current mods by going to https://mods.smapi.io That will list whether the mod is updated or broken for 1.4

• OrSpeeder

My mods are there it seems! (I am the person listed there as OrSpeeder)

Also I went to nexus mods and saw lots of people upset I disappeared :(

I guess I should update my mods.

Ladysarajane likes this.
        • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Welcome Back OrSpeeder and congratulations. I have returned after real life challenges that has caused a complete life changes. I am looking forward to the updates for Better Sprinklers and for Chest names with hovering Labels, (the slow fence decay and sprinting are bonus ones for me)!

• OrSpeeder

Alright, I updated the healthbars mod.

The sprinklers mod is working on my machine, I will release it later after I check something (I think I spotted some bugs in the code that was contributed to it).

Chest name is next on list.

Ladysarajane likes this.
            • OrSpeeder

Alright, sprinklers, healthbar and chest name are all up on NexusMods :D

Ladysarajane likes this.
              • Ladysarajane

Thank you! That was quick.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

thankyou for the brisk pace and congrats on getting married!

• OrSpeeder

Updated sprint and dash last night... got bored of all that walking on huge SVE map with no sprinting :p

pepoluan likes this.
                    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

haha, now for you to get bored of contact clicking so we lucky plebs can have a new click from anywhere mod x''D

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The sprint and dash mod doesn't generate its config file. What's the config file supposed to look like? I'd like to change the keybinds, increase sprint and dash speed (especially dash) and also if it's possible to make Dash not slow the character down while cooling down then I'd like to do that.

• OrSpeeder

The dash cool down is hardcoded sorry :( I would need to update it to remove it.

And I added it for balance reasons, dash can get very op, and is a dash, the idea of dashing is give you a combat bonus so you can finish off enemies, but if you miss you are screwed. (happened to me yesterday, was funny, didn't saw the auto-organize replaced my sword with watering can, did a glorious dash and then watered my enemy with style! then promptly got bashed down).

As for the config... you found a bug! I fixed it but will upload a new version later, no time now (have to go work soon).

But I will upload the json file it generated :)

Code:
                          {
                            "sprintKey": "LeftControl",
                            "dashKey": "N"
                          }
                          Also if you give me suggestions to better default controls I would appreciate it... right now it feels indeed very wonky to dash with "N"

pepoluan likes this.
                          • Ladysarajane

You made my day...."did a glorious dash and watered my enemy with style! then promptly got bashed down."
                            That made me really laughed.
                            Thank you for your sense of humor!

pepoluan likes this.
                            • Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, I didn't want to decrease the actual dash cooldown at all; I've got a farmer based off of Madeline from Celeste and I just wanted to change the dash to not reduce her base movement speed when cooling down.

ETA: Dash speed is currently the same as sprint speed. That also needs fixing or at least a config option. And it's not using the config file I made for it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
                              • pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Now this is what I'm really looking forward to! :nuruwink:

But take your time @OrSpeeder , it's not game-breaking as it is now. Just... kinda annoying without that nice mod.

• OrSpeeder

Ah sorry, Dash speed is based on your skills (not just combat, forgot what ones though, later I will read the source and give the formulas).

I think I forgot to make that clear in the mod documentation. When your skills are zero, dash doesn't even work (no buff icons show up).

@pepoluan Fences are still brekaing too fast in vanilla? they theoretically fixed the fence bug my mod was supposed to fix...

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Actually, come to think of it, I have no idea...

I practically just reset everything when I saw 1.4 came out, so I haven't reached the stage where I need to build fences.

• OrSpeeder

So, found out health bar mods, ALL of them, are buggy right now, because SDV itself is buggy :/ Currently the game forgets quite often to set enemies max health, so you end with funny results (for example enemies that have 197% HP... thus making the healthbar stay stuck on 100% for quite a while). I am trying to think up a workaround...

• StrangeSoren

StrangeSoren Big Damn Hero