WIP Diverse StardewValley - Hiatus / I'm dead.

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by notsnufffie, Mar 13, 2016.

1. idiotequed

idiotequed Aquatic Astronaut

Oh my gosh.... I didn't think Harvey could be anymore bae, and then this happened. I LOVE your choice. I didn't expect it, but he's perfect. I also adore Demetrius and oh my gosh, Sebastian.

It's so hard to pick who to marry now!! It will be even harder with future updates... damn, man. I'm so curious as to how you'll handle the others.

• Isaia

Isaia Poptop Tamer

notsnufffie, this mod is INCREDIBLE
      they're lovely and I love the work and detail you put into these

THEY LOOK ADORABLE AAAAHHHH

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
      • notsnufffie

notsnufffie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@idiotequed | I just like to make things hard for people. My even plan all a long. I'm just glad I'm already married in game or now it would be impossible for me to decide who to marry.

@Isaia | Thank you!! Are you Isaia from tumblr? (I love your work. I've been a huge fan for years! <3)

Isaia likes this.
        • hikarushirou

hikarushirou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This keeps getting better and I'm so happy for this thread. ; v; I see now why you said Sebastian wasn't going to be tan. Honestly I like that option too! But maybe I'm biased because I like cute Asian boys. :rofl: And purple... > x>;

• taffybeans

taffybeans Poptop Tamer

sebastian looking very casual visual-kei lmao! very cute new sprites. they both look fantastic.

• Himbeerninja

Himbeerninja Void-Bound Voyager

Thumbs up for India-Harvey and Black-Haley <3 !!!

• blackdahlia

blackdahlia Seal Broken

Beautiful Seb and Demetrius! Wow, I think you're just getting more and more skilled.

• notsnufffie

What if a greener Fall? Y/N? (I'd still need to edit the hay/grass files but you get the idea.)

Edit: BETA Greener Fall Downlaod files go in the maps folder. Haven't had time to fully play test. Report any problems please.

[​IMG]
                  [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
                  • Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh my god, Sebastian is so amazing. I'm actually tempted to use these cause he's my husband. xD But I want all my portraits in the game to match, at least for the marriage candidates, so I'll probably wait til you're done done.

I like Sikh Harvey too! Though personally, I saw him more as Ravi from izombie, so the turban keeps looking out of place on him. xD It's still an amazing job though. :)

If I might suggest for Alex, if you do end up doing him, maybe make him Samoan? They're an often under-represented group in games, though I've been around them all my life due to where I live. I also hope you do a native Hawaiian character eventually.

Are you planning to keep at least one bachelor/bachelorette as caucasian? So we can have at least one in your art style?

And I vote yes for the greener fall. The dead brown grass always looked so weird to me. :/ The grass you turn into hay makes sense, but not the regular grass.

Mudchip, Acerbicon, Trifoilum and 2 others like this.
                    • notsnufffie

RAVI! I love him. Why didn't I think of that!?! Damn. I need to go back and touch up Harvey's turban when I do maybe I'll make a Ravi version.

Samoan Alex! Love it. I was thinking Hispanic but there is already a really good Hispanic version of Alex on here. Thanks for the suggestion! It's definitely happening. I'd love to do some Hawaiian characters as well!

Penny was going to stay Caucasian. Penny and Sam are the two characters I want to try and make either gender queer or trans. I haven't quite worked out how yet because of how the game works.

The greener fall edit ended up being really easy. I need to further play test it to make sure I got everything that needed changing but I should have it up sometime this week, along with Leah hopefully.

• neekaneeks

neekaneeks Intergalactic Tourist

I love this mod, thank you <3

• MJs

MJs Space Hobo

Hello,

As an albino black man, I'd like to request an albino version of Demetrius. I know you have been working with different races thus far but there are also many unrepresented people with disabilities or bodily disorders. This version of Demetrius would also represent the black people with vitiligo out there. We black people with different colored skin are rarely represented, since most characters with white skin don't have our African features and don't have white hair and red eyes. It would be a nice advancement to our cause if you made any character albino, but I'm asking for Demetrius specifically because he's a black character officially. By the way, some people are unaware but albino people can have normal kids, so that Maru would be good representation of that.

Thank you very much!

• 414a4c

414a4c Space Spelunker

I love this mod sooo much! (especially after seeing those awful mods whitewashing maru and demetrius) its certainly making my marriage decision harder with how cute everyone looks haha... keep up the good work!

ZeroEndurance likes this.
                            • eliminnowp

eliminnowp Intergalactic Tourist

These are great, especially Harvey. Demetrius seems a lot younger.

• Isaia

Isaia Poptop Tamer

Yes, hehe that's me! I'm so happy you enjoyed my work!!!??
                                I'm enjoying YOUR work, glad to have discovered this thread and this game!

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

SAMOAN ALEX YES

• thatz

thatz Void-Bound Voyager

Oh my god this is the best thing ever. Thank you for this I love you. I'm going to wait for all the portraits before I use them because I want my complete diverse Stardew Valley.

-whispers- is abigail gonna be chubby? 'cause I feel like she should be chubby.

• notsnufffie

I'm trying my best with this project and people like you are a wonderful help reminding me of people that are unrepresented. Thank you so much! Please let me know if there is something I can be doing better.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
                                      Download Albino Demetrius
                                      I test him real quick but it's late and I'm really tired. Please let me know if there are any problems. (I'll be adding him to the main post as well.)

Oh. And for the people that liked the greener fall edit beta version right here. The files go in the maps folder. It's pretty sloppy and I haven't had the time to check if I got everything. Let me know if there are any problems.

@thatz | I'm using a chubby Abigail mod in my game at the moment. I may do the same with my edit but I kind of feel I want to do something different cause that mod is already out there. That's all hearsay cause it still feels like its going to be years before I get to her. /shrug

sadlouie, Marose, zyymurgy and 4 others like this.
                                      • taffybeans

taffybeans Poptop Tamer

I'm kind of hoping you could make an edited/slightly improved latino Alex actually lmao

Fuzzlepuzzle and Seajun_ like this.
                                        • Isaia

Isaia Poptop Tamer

notsnuffle btw I hope you don't mind, but I cross posted your work to my tumblr and people GOT REALLY EXCITED! THEY LOVE IT!

[​IMG]