WIP Diverse Stardew - Unofficial Continuation (UPDATED 1.5, 07/01/21)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by SarahSyna, Oct 4, 2016.

1. worldworld

worldworld Void-Bound Voyager

*sends good vibes to you* Your personal life is more important. Hopefully it has gotten better, that the rough time stopped. And I'd love to see more of your work whenever you feel ready to do more!

• fairyglitterbomb

fairyglitterbomb Void-Bound Voyager

I really love that this mod kinda lives on. Diverse Stardew is my absolute favorite mod and I'd love to see more in the future.

• DuckyQueen

DuckyQueen Void-Bound Voyager

i did a recolor of @Jadejackalope ftm sam for my own game using @hopefulfox hijabi jodie mod as a palatte. if it's okay with them, i can post it.

• sirlumberbeard

sirlumberbeard Void-Bound Voyager

I'd love to see it!
          I also love this mod SO much. I literally cannot play Stardew Valley without it. It just.. makes me so happy.

• sirlumberbeard

sirlumberbeard Void-Bound Voyager

OMG I HAD NO IDEA THIS HAD BEEN UPDATED I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

If anyone ever makes Harvey without a turban lemme know. Don't get me wrong, he looks great, but I would love to be able to marry a Ravi from iZombie lookalike. Which is essentially that Harvey portrait without the turban. <3

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
                Heather36782 likes this.
              • Fyn

I went ahead and fixed the lack of a marriage sprite for Shane: Included both Bearded and Neat Shane

With Beard: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b3jjecsu7sxb1r2/Shane.xnb
                Clean Shaven: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cgl7smgtmd7ledc/Shane Neat.xnb

And here's Emily's 8 Heart Event Updated for Robin, Abigail, AND Shane. (previous uploads from people didnt have Shane):

With Beard: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xp1onbioxciimpa/ClothesTherapyCharacters.xnb
                Clean Shaven: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9p96bs0uqsbcwba/ClothesTherapyCharacters.xnb

And in case anyone wants it, here are some Cursors.xnb to make this compatible with Just a New Map Recolour Found: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/599/

The first one has the regular artifact digspots. The second one has animal crossing digspots.

Recolor Cursors w/ Hispanic Shane & Regular Digspots: http://www.mediafire.com/file/803hwgw500y0x9x/Cursors.xnb
                Recolor Cursors w/ Hispanic Shane & Animal Crossing Digspots: http://www.mediafire.com/file/acign0piib739xf/Cursors.xnb

I didn't touch the Joja Mart Community Center sprite that *might* be Shane, as no one else did, and it isn't 100% certain it is shane. (When Morrison has all the workers outside the community center) He's wearing a different outfit than Shane wears at Joja, so I don't think it's meant to be him, as if you marry Shane he stops working at Joja Mart.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
                  xixvimmm, Acerbicon and faeamie like this.
                • DuckyQueen

DuckyQueen Void-Bound Voyager

Here's the recolor of @Jadejackalope 's ftm sam using @hopefulfox 's hijabi jodi's colors i made for my own game. if either of y'all want me to delete this post, just let me know.

Attached Files:

• .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey yo. I bring you.... an unnecessary amount of Diverse Haley edits.
                    With and without dread cuffs, piercings, with Haley's original top and/or necklace, original Haley colours, as well as updated cowPhotos (with the option to have her in the blue outfit she has in vanilla).

It's a Content Packer mod, so you'll need that and then just drop it in. Rename whichever version you want to Haley and cowPhotos(Winter). Mix and match! I included two previews to give you an idea. My PSD is also included so you can make your own portrait modification, since I got tired and lost track of the ones I had already made, ehehe. Oh, and I changed her camera to black because seriously who has a brown camera???

Attached Files:

leilacrystal and faeamie like this.
                    • thingwithwings

thingwithwings Phantasmal Quasar

Could anyone update the rest of the diverse files (especially Harvey <3) to be content patcher-friendly? These are all so amazing!! I'm totally loving the edited Haley!!

.Lavender. likes this.
                      • Fyn

Here's the Content Pack. The only optional updates I included were CleanShavenShane and NonSikhHarvey and NonSikhHarveyRoundedBeard.

The default is scruffy shane and sikh harvey, but in assets/portraits and assets/characters, there's "ShaneClean" "NonSikhHarvey" and "NonSikhRoundedHarvey" that you just need to rename to "Shane" or "Harvey" if you want to use those instead.

EDIT: Updated for 1.3.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2018
                        • thingwithwings

thingwithwings Phantasmal Quasar

Omg, thank you sooo much!!

• Fyn

No problemo. If you come across any problems, let me know. I did it rather quickly, so a mistake or two may have slipped through with things like the cowphotos or such.

• .Lavender.

I figured I'd share these, to celebrate Diverse SDV for CP. :)
                              I'm a fan of Slightly Cuter Sprites, but of course I gotta have DSDV. So! I edited some of cute sprites to the diverse designs~
                              This isn't everyone (ClothesTherapy for example only has Diverse Robin), just the ones I use in game (I edited my Sebastian to have the "flat cute nose" but I didn't consider that a big enough change to share. Maybe in the future). They're pngs too, so you have to use with the Content Packer version.

Note: I changed Elliott's pants to black instead of the obnoxious green. Haley has her black camera as I showed earlier in the thread, and she and Penny have the original cute sticky feet because my personal pref. Sorry.

Uploaded Leah as an example.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
                                karcea, Medicell and faeamie like this.
                              • Heather36782

Heather36782 Master Chief

how do you change the .png into .xnb files? It probably isn't as simple as changing the extension...I am a newbie but I am trying!

• tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

Here's a guide to making .xnb files. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!!

• .Lavender.

Yup, you could do that, or get the Diverse SDV content patcher file Fyn uploaded and then replace the pngs with mine in the assets folder.

• Heather36782

Heather36782 Master Chief

I’m sorry for my newbie behavior. Ugh. So I would download the content patch and move your info into the folders or extract it. Or does it involve changing Json files or assets. I am not familiar with that. Sorry. If you don’t wanna fool with my 1,000 questions, I get it. Everyone is just talented at these amazing time consuming mods and I struggle with just installing them. Sigh....

• tenthousandcats

tenthousandcats Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, no need to put yourself down! Yeah, you get Fyn's original content pack, open up the assets folder, and put @.Lavender.'s pngs in it. You don't have to apologize for acting like a newbie especially if you're new to this stuff! No one starts out knowing everything. ;)

Heather36782 likes this.
                                        • .Lavender.

Yeah, no need to apologise! We all start somewhere, and I'm happy to help!

And yup.
                                          You would download Content Patcher which is what "turns on" the function to use CP mods. Then put the Diverse SDV CP folder in your mods folder (by itself, not anything else.) And put my pngs in the assets folder. The json files just tell the mod what to do, while assets says "and do it with these images". So you would replace the Diverse SDV with my own pngs to use those instead.

Heather36782 likes this.