1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Disconnecting for inactivity Constantly

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by draco1122, Feb 15, 2017.

1. draco1122

draco1122 Big Damn Hero

Have kinda a long story here. First, I was experiencing bad fps drops in multiplayer with steam. So I went searching on forums. Many people are suggesting not using steam to play starbound. So I moved all my mod over to mods folder and launched using the starbound 64 exe. Game ran 90 percent better with only some minor lag. However, when my niece tried to join me she gets in fine with no mod mismatch. But, within a few mins or less disconnects due to inactivity. Joins again and happens again. She can't play now with all the disconnecting but she says the lag is fixed when she is in their. I play fine. She is connecting to my via my ip. She had no trouble on steam playing but the lag /fps drops was unbearable. Also, what is starbound unstable should we try it. Is it like nightly or beta? I am honestly at my writs end trying to fix these issues.

Here is my latest log.
    http://pastebin.com/itgWKRfN

p.s Is their a way to stop disconnects due to inactivity in configs?

2. draco1122

draco1122 Big Damn Hero

Really, no one else has this issue or advice?

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Some configs are outdated due to outdated/wrong mods. It is possible that these mods overriding the configs instead of patching them are messing up with the rest, causing these disconnects. Have you tried a mod-free session?

~ Iris ~

4. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

I'd like to bump the topic. What I experience is unexpected and seemingly unprovoked "Disconnecting due to inactivity" in the middle of doing something (running, interacting with the vendor etc). I can't find the system in this. These disconnects seem completely random.
    What suprises me even more is that I connect to my own server, in other words, to localhost. I would probably understand if the disconnects were triggered by the some lost packets. But as far as I understand, if I connect to my own computer the network should not affect the equation at all. What might be the cause?

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach your full log.

~ Iris ~

6. MelOzone

MelOzone Big Damn Hero

Here's the usual log.

And here is the server log. I've left the game right after the server kicked me ("Stargaze", connecting from 127.0.0.1; other player's IP is masked). And that happened 30 seconds after I used the teleporter to travel to my colony. True, I wasn't moving but I can hardly call 30 seconds "inactivity".

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2017