Disable Chat Box

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kenjiro, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Kenjiro

Kenjiro Void-Bound Voyager

I can't figure out how to disable the chat box. There must be a way. It's kind of silly to have the chat box in single player, I don't need to talk to myself. It would be even more silly if there wasn't a way to disable it included in the game. I'm constantly opening the chat box when I click the bottom of my screen on PC. Interferes with mining, digging, chopping down trees, and getting to my items.

Either that or move it to the top of the screen where I'm far less likely to click.

Yes I understand you can add a house and begin a multiplayer experience. Fine, if I ever do that I'll turn the chat box on, but for now I don't want it. Is there something in a file I can change to =false or something?

Christnewhogaming and Kurachi84 like this.
    • Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i agree, was thinking about making this suggestion, but thought i'd be the only one
      it's just in the way when playing offline, or at least NOT with others

• Ltfightr

Ltfightr Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am in complete agreement the chat box is very annoying especially when I am trying to get an artifact spot at the bottom of the screen!

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Good, I'm not the only one that feels the chat box is worthless in single player mode. Wonder if there's a mod to disable it, because in single player mode (which is how I play it) it's just annoying. What am I gonna do, send a message to myself that I need to feed Abby more quartz?

Kurachi84 likes this.
          • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

+1 for disabling the chat box in single player

The number of times I accidentally open it by pressing T is ridiculous

• Judith011

Judith011 Space Hobo

Yes, with controller (xbox) it is impossible to play ... mainly the minigame journey of the prairie king. Because to shoot it is necessary to move the right stick and this when placed on the edges continuously activates the chat box.