Dirt colors

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Guest0241525, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

While the new, uniform behavior of Dirt blocks allows for much easier stacking, it also makes patching holes in dirt more difficult, since the colors will not match. I think the good solution to that would be to make Dirt take the color of adjacent Dirt tiles. It could also work the same for Sand and Moondust..

2. darkmega

darkmega Phantasmal Quasar

As an expansion of this, I think that dirts and sands etc that have different colored textures should make the paint tool behave differently when aimed at dirts and sands and a different effect when used to color manmade materials. Like being able to paint the colors of the dirts and sands when on natural blocks or mousing over blocks that can have different varieties, then using the normal paints when mousing over manmade materials... alternatively it could be an alternative mode like holding shift to change the paint mode of the tool or something to allow dirt block texturing more easily.

3. Ferociousfiend

Ferociousfiend Astral Cartographer

There needs to be one dirt, sand, moondust etc. But all of the colored variations are achieveable via the paint tool, which colors them the correct color. I have about 7 half-stacks of differently-colored dirt and sand that is just taking up space in my building blocks inventory.

Jappards likes this.