1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Director Mode

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Aviakio, May 9, 2012.

1. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

I can see it now.

Newbgriefer101: "Hey OP! givez me derektor mode powerz, and I will make yur serverz awezome!!11!"
    OPawesomesauce: "Um no" /BAN Newbgriefer101

2. MrCreeper123124

MrCreeper123124 Zeromus

Great idea.

3. Softenik

Softenik Pangalactic Porcupine

Tiy! I LOVE YOU! (No... I ain't homo :D) You're THE BEST! I will like director's mode!

4. Przemek32767

Przemek32767 Phantasmal Quasar

This idea is simply fantastic. It will make this incredibly awesome game even more awesome :). Just imagine the possibilities for role playing servers.

5. Rashen

Rashen Subatomic Cosmonaut

The Director Mode sounds amazing, even though it'll just be me and 3 of my friends who are around me all the time. I will get up earlier or stay up later than them and go to one of their home-planets and put in hints to a secret coordinates hidden near the planet's core that then leads to the other player's home-planet that has the next set of coords. That then all lead to a planet with awesome stuff but alot of bosses and stuff :)!

6. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

So director mode is like Dungeon Mastering in roleplaying games.

7. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

This reminds me of when I GMed for a few UO priv servers. :)
    You could run all sorts of events with it for sure.
    I wish that game had a mode like this.

8. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

A Dungeon Master who can freely control the world? This would make Roleplaying much more interesting~ I'm all for this and hope you and the rest of the team decide it's worth doing once the game is released.

9. Shocksinn

Shocksinn Poptop Tamer

This adds quite a bit of potential for some in-depth roleplay. Lovin' it!

10. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great idea. However, what problems with griefers? They're either get banned or own the server - so let's just leave them alone on their servers with their perverted playstyle and sense of fun.
    Offtopic: Don't you find this ironic - the Internet gives people the ability to meet people they'd never meet, but it makes people lock themselves in small groups to protect their fun and comfort from a bunch of idiots. At least, there you can have passworded servers and ban griefers and "hate dumbs".

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Sensational

Sensational Phantasmal Quasar

FUCK - YES, NO OTHER SINGLE GAME HAS HAD THIS!

Yes, yes, yes! Perfect for roleplay!

12. Exon

Exon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Seeing Tiy talk in that chat just brings a smile to my face. I rarely see Developers talk about their games with such enthusiasm. I hope Starbound will turn out exactly like you envision it, Tiy!

Rados, Ellie and Dragrath like this.
  13. SuperWillieD

SuperWillieD Pangalactic Porcupine

I would run around being a theif npc, stealin' peoples mechs, then spawning mobs as I escape

14. qsdcv

qsdcv Void-Bound Voyager

So basically we become god. Oh yes... Destroy all the planets...

15. Hap818

Hap818 Pangalactic Porcupine

Basically like a "God" or "Sandbox" mode

I<3Terraria likes this.
  16. Esperance

Esperance Void-Bound Voyager

There is no amount of money I wouldn't throw at the screen to have this happen!

17. OddLlama

OddLlama Aquatic Astronaut

This would be amazing! And this (from Zellman's post, too lazy to quote :p):

I can see it now.

Newbgriefer101: "Hey OP! givez me derektor mode powerz, and I will make yur serverz awezome!!11!"
    OPawesomesauce: "Um no" /BAN Newbgriefer101

Is definitely needed.

18. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

Great, thank you, Tiy. Now I have to go watch Animaniacs again, if only to revisit Mr Director!

19. Tiny Master of Music

Tiny Master of Music Existential Complex

This will be the best thing I've seen in a PC game in a long time! :eek:

20. Shahab

Shahab Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this should be in the game.