1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Director Mode

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Aviakio, May 9, 2012.

1. Serp

Serp Zeromus

What about the super admin?

2. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Actually, they said the admin of server was the one who choosed which people can go in as Director, so, if its about trolling what you re worried about, just dont give the director mode to random people!

3. Serp

Serp Zeromus

Did I just quote you from the future?

Dragrath and Rade like this.
  4. Attack_Fish

Attack_Fish Phantasmal Quasar

Don't let the government see!

5. Serp

Serp Zeromus

THEYRE BREAKIN DOWN MY DOOR MAN THIS MAY BE MY LAST MESSAGE NEVER FORGET MEEWSSSSSSSSSAMZXOEDOK:rofl:NHYHHHHHH

Darkhog and KillerGoose like this.
  6. Alexblex

Alexblex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*cough* off topic *cough*

7. 11clock

11clock Big Damn Hero

Sounds awesome. I can easily see people planning and constructing very large party quests and posting about the times they start and stuff on the forums.

For example:
    Attention! An invasion is about to take place on some planet in a galaxy far, far away! The invasion is expected to start at around 1:00 PM GMT! The coordinates (password) and name (server) of the planet will be given out 10 minutes before the invasion starts!

Casimir likes this.
  8. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

From what I could tell, It would be limited depending on who the server admins wanted to authorize. I don't think Chucklefish is going to be involved in any way in determining who gets that privilege.

9. Gusty

Gusty Pangalactic Porcupine

That was my fear, the privilege thing. It would ruin it for me.
    But knowing as the devs are, I'm cool, they wouldn't do that.

10. StarMetal25

StarMetal25 Phantasmal Quasar

Can you imagine what we could do with this? Like copy and paste a bunch of cats, and make a cat pyramid!

11. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

I would use this to make players play quests i made if they dont get added to the game!

12. Roytje

Roytje Star Wrangler

Damn i got an epic idea for a scenario now
    cant wait till this game gets released :cool:

Dragrath likes this.
  13. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Gonna be multiplayer adventure maps/roleplaying servers with this kinda stuff.

14. Colobot

Colobot Title Not Found

This is officialy going to be the best game in the world. I always wanted to be a Space Master(see what I did there?). Now I will be able to fulfill my dreams, but supported by randomly generated universe, which I can freely shape to create the perfect environment for my players to have fun in. Sounds like the best way to keep the game alive for years to me.

15. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Definitely a good idea Tiy, 100% support from me.

Dragrath likes this.
  16. Fammy

Fammy Void-Bound Voyager

I like the idea.

17. Eddy Steel

Eddy Steel Existential Complex

It's like DnD but in space!

Ard Galen likes this.
  18. Your Shadow

Your Shadow Contact!

Sounds like something that could get abused....

19. Eddy Steel

Eddy Steel Existential Complex

As long as director rights are given responsibly it should not be abused.
    So it will. :giggle:

20. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

Hey, it's only given to people entrusted by the one who's running the server, so if it's a small group of friends screwing around and don't want to play seriously, we should let them. You can already do that in any game if you want to, just by installing mods or hacks on the game that remove challenges. It's their choice if they want to ruin their game...

If it's a large public server with some admins going around playing mind tricks on players, then they'd just lose players and piss them off. Admins can already do that :geek:. Though when it's taken with responsibility, fun experiences happen. The director should have all the tools to create them, I say.

Dragrath and Eddy Steel like this.