1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Director Mode

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ArtificialIntelligence, Jul 21, 2016.

1. ArtificialIntelligence

ArtificialIntelligence Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I just want to know, if there is any new information about the director mode.
    You Guys said, that it will have a high priority after 1.0, so I have a few questions.

Are you working on it right now (or will be right after the release of 1.0)?
    What are the features, or what are you planning?
    What will be the release date of director mode (like Q1 2017 or something like that)

I want this SO badly, and any kind of information would make my day... or week!
    I would even wait another 2 Years just for this!

(I am sorry for any mistakes :) )

2. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

it'll definitely be a post-1.0 release if they're not hiding it. I think they're focused on release at the moment but I'm sure they'll work on it when they can.

3. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

With what was mentioned, I believe certain things will be polled or asked of community to decide after 1.0. If remember what they said is correct...

So I don't think there is going to be a time frame for that specific feature until they get the gears started. Some of the things for it are probably in already, however since that is quite a large task I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

I for one would love to see how they go about that mode of play. So not much is known about it. We'll have to wait and see what is next on the agenda after 1.0. Cheers!:nuruhappy:

4. ArtificialIntelligence

I mean, I can wait. It doesnt have to be rushed, but a bit more info would be nice!

5. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

yeah, good luck with that lol.

6. ArtificialIntelligence

That would be awsome, nowadays not many developers do that kind of community stuff.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  7. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

yeah it was something they mentioned on a stream they last had. They have a lot in mind of what they want to do, but will probably poll or ask community in seeing which actually gets worked on first. So yes it is rather nice. Questionable which things will get done first due to that though; after all we have a pretty diverse community and well... Lots would like to see other things done before others. Probably why they may be going about it this way. Just guessing though, as it is quite difficult to tell what will actually happen; just that something will. :nuruhappy: