1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Director Mode still planned?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ravingrabidmoose, Jul 28, 2016.

1. ravingrabidmoose

ravingrabidmoose Void-Bound Voyager

I remember the dev team talking about a director mode that would allow a server host to spawn things and cause events to happen, reminiscent of being a DM in DnD. I remember talks of this feature being implemented post 1.0. That was in 2012. I'm just wondering if this is still a planned future feature of the game, and if it's a priority for the dev team? This feature would add so much to this game, really want to see it happen. Thanks.

2. Magpie842

Magpie842 Seal Broken

That sounds great.

3. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

we have not even serversided characters yet and that was supposed to be a feature on release.

4. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

5. ravingrabidmoose

ravingrabidmoose Void-Bound Voyager

6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Oh yeah, I hope they do release that someday, it would be so much fun with groups of friends c:

7. mrcalzon02

mrcalzon02 Aquatic Astronaut

*diligently digging* anybody heard anything? i would like to think that there is still interest?

8. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

I really, really want this feature. The ability to be a full, no-limits GM is such a rare thing in video games, but it has so much potential!